Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's More Righteous?

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post
    Through the Holy Ghost, I humbly offer this bit of advice... Do with it as you will... I only did what I was commanded to do, all further discourse must be directed to our Father, from whom we have our being...

1Co 3:10 According to the grace (the special endowment for my task) of God bestowed on me, like a skillful architect and master builder I laid [the] foundation, and now another [man] is building upon it. But let each [man] be careful how he builds upon it,
    1Co 3:11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is [already] laid, which is Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
    1Co 3:12 But if anyone builds upon the Foundation, whether it be with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
    1Co 3:13 The work of each [one] will become [plainly, openly] known (shown for what it is); for the day [of Christ] will disclose and declare it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test and critically appraise the character and worth of the work each person has done.
    1Co 3:14 If the work which any person has built on this Foundation [any product of his efforts whatever] survives [this test], he will get his reward.
    1Co 3:15 But if any person's work is burned up [under the test], he will suffer the loss [of it all, losing his reward], though he himself will be saved, but only as [one who has passed] through fire.

Love ya!
    Nice passage. What version of the Bible are you quoting from? Is that an expanded version? Interesting study help for sure.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

what has righteousness got to do with getting into heaven?

i thought the key was grace.
    Laura

Crazy is fractal.

Deleted post. :)

The more righteous one would be the one that doesn't think he is.
    “War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is, revolution is when you decide that for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by LMonty View Post
    what has righteousness got to do with getting into heaven?

i thought the key was grace.
    We're made righteous through faith in Jesus Christ plus nothing. Our righteousness is but filthy rags before the Lord.

Isaiah 64:6, "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

1 Corinthians 1:30, "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:"

You're absolutely right! Grace is a free gift not earned. Christ took on our sins so that we may be forgiven and washed clean via His shed blood. Nothing we do can improve upon His one time sacrifice.

I also believe the question/analogy to be biased. 'kinda reminds me of YAHshua and the disciples walking through the corn fields and the pharisees trying to trap them. Torah lovers are fully that the law cannot save...only the blood of The Lamb. They have stated this OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND!!!!

The blood ALONE saves...but we must endure to the end. It isn't how well we start out...but if we endure to the end. He that endures to the end...the same shall be saved. So it takes the blood AND enduring. p.s. Torah/Tanach lovers (me) get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    I also believe the question/analogy to be biased. 'kinda reminds me of YAHshua and the disciples walking through the corn fields and the pharisees trying to trap them. Torah lovers are fully that the law cannot save...only the blood of The Lamb. They have stated this OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND!!!!

The blood ALONE saves...but we must endure to the end. It isn't how well we start out...but if we endure to the end. He that endures to the end...the same shall be saved. So it takes the blood AND enduring. p.s. Torah/Tanach lovers (me) get it!
    Cool. We're in agreement.

I don't believe the OP is biased at all but I can understand why a "Torah" keeper might think so.

Let's look at it a different way:

Two individuals accept Jesus Christ on the exact same day. Both believe in Jesus Christ and trust His shed blood. However, each walks a different path through life.

One chooses to follow the letter of Torah; keeps the 7th day (Saturday) sabbath; observes all of the feast days; wears tzitzits; offers tithes to her church; and reads from the Old Testament daily.

The other does none of those things and never has but volunteers her time to a local soup kitchen; gives free will offerings to the Salvation Army on a regular basis; visits her local Children's Hospital and hands out toys to kids with cancer; and reads strictly from the New Testament once a day.

Both live their lives until death. Both will stand before Jesus Christ on Judgment day. Will both be welcomed into the Kingdom of God? If both of them had faith and belief in Jesus Christ then both will see the Kingdom.

No man can come to the Father except by the Son...the beginning. There's more involved. Walking in His truth and righteousness (His!), obeying His word, loving, helping others, etc. AND enduring to the end. As for obeying the Sabbath, loving the Torah, wearing tzit tzit...good idea! Nothing wrong with that. P.S. 'Had a wonderful Sabbath yesterday; worshipped with other Messianics. My 4 yr. old loves the blowing of the shofar and the Davidic dances. Most of the men have beards and tzit tzits, though not required. It's a very laid back, loving bunch of folks. We all study and learn together. YAHshua is highly lifted up.

p.s. I meant to add I'm more of a Torah/Tanach lover than keeper. I cannot keep all the Torah/Tanach any more than those who call themselves New Covenant keepers can keep all of it. If they Could, there would be no need for revivals and alter calls for those already churched. So you see...we're all doing the best we can to make heaven our home. We know He is the way the truth and the life and we're striving to meet Him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    No man can come to the Father except by the Son...the beginning. There's more involved. Walking in His truth and righteousness (His!), obeying His word, loving, helping others, etc. AND enduring to the end. As for obeying the Sabbath, loving the Torah, wearing tzit tzit...good idea! Nothing wrong with that. P.S. 'Had a wonderful Sabbath yesterday; worshipped with other Messianics. My 4 yr. old loves the blowing of the shofar and the Davidic dances. Most of the men have beards and tzit tzits, though not required. It's a very laid back, loving bunch of folks. We all study and learn together. YAHshua is highly lifted up.
    Happy you and your family enjoyed yourselves. I spent the day working around the yard (my form of rest as I enjoy plants and the outdoors); reading the Bible off and on; praying; and seeking His truth. Of course, I try to do that every day as Jesus Christ is an ever present "Sabbath." I feel at peace and rested every time I spend time in His Word and seeking His truth.

I have a goatee but have had a beard in the past and have also been clean shaven. It matters not to Jesus Christ if I have facial hair or not. He just wants my love, trust, faith, and worship. I have never seen a need to wear strings on my belt loops but have nothing against them who feel a need to announce their faith in the Torah. I used to play the trumpet in High School but there was no religious connotation to it. I'm more interested in hearing the angels blow the trumps.

Blessings to you and thanks for participating.