Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's More Righteous?

Quote Originally Posted by seekingHistruth View Post
    We are not to imitate Mary; we are to imitate our Saviour.

As far as tassels go, although I wouldn't be surprised if there would be a few people who would be wearing them "to make a show of [their] righteousness", I'm sure the vast majority of the people who wear them are only wearing them out of obedience to Him, though I can only speak for myself. With regards to the tying of tassels/fringes; from my understanding there is no one correct way to tie them according to Scripture, nor is the shade of blue defined or the colour of the other strings.

I certainly don't wear mine to "show off". It is only out of obedience simply because He has said to. What is so difficult to understand about that?
    Nothing at all difficult to understand. I just feel that it's not necessary at all. I don't believe that a person wearing tassels is any more blessed than a Christian volunteering her time in a soup kitchen or her local hospital. I personally believe that God is more interested in the fruits of our faith. Wearing special tassels simply seems empty to me.

If I happened to be walking down a grocery store aisle and saw a man wearing the 4 tassels I would immediately think to myself that he was making a show of things. Call me judgmental but I'm being honest. That would be the first thing that that would come to my mind.
    John 1:17,
    "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

What about the BLOOD of Jesus. The perfect lamb of God! The perfect work of the cross! What HE did for us. Before, during and after the cross.
    My question to ya'll is this.
    What can YOU do to outdo what JESUS did for us?
    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    Psalm 20:7

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    By the way ... you need to make sure that the knots are all in the correct places if they're going to really work:

And you wonder why folks get angry and snide with you when you post stuff such as the above as a FACT???

Your "by the way" comment is nothing more that a biased lie...UNLESS you can back it up with Scripture...

(Engage Scripture before engaging mouth for future reference please...it's saves you from looking so foolish and unlearned)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    What about the BLOOD of Jesus. The perfect lamb of God! The perfect work of the cross! What HE did for us. Before, during and after the cross.

Nothing...that's why we love Him so much and desire to walk in His ways.

IF you love Him....

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    HUGE Amen! We can't even come close to matching what Jesus Christ did for us. He laid down His fleshly body for our benefit. The best we can do is to love our neighbors as best we can and offer our praise and worship to our Heavenly Father.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    And you wonder why folks get angry and snide with you when you post stuff such as the above as a FACT???

Your "by the way" comment is nothing more that a biased lie...UNLESS you can back it up with Scripture...

(Engage Scripture before engaging mouth for future reference please...it's saves you from looking so foolish and unlearned)
    Hmmm. I thought they had to be blue and that you had to wear 4 of them. Am I wrong? By the way ... why does it take 4 strings to remind you of the law? Wouldn't one string be sufficient? Also, do folks so easily forget the law that they need to continually look down at a tassel to remind them of it? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    Hmmm. I thought they had to be blue and that you had to wear 4 of them. Am I wrong? By the way ... why does it take 4 strings to remind you of the law? Wouldn't one string be sufficient? Also, do folks so easily forget the law that they need to continually look down at a tassel to remind them of it? Just curious.
    Nice try at a "duck and cover my ingnorance" when you matter-of-factly stated this:

"By the way ... you need to make sure that the knots are all in the correct places if they're going to really work:"

Why don't you entertain the novel idea of studying the material for yourself rather than mock and spout a lie? It certainly would improve your testimony concerning a matter.

Then you wouldn't have to try to "duck and cover' in the first place.

And BTW..."the who's more righteous" scenario would give one pause...is it more righteous to lie about a matter you apparently no nothing about to attempt to degrade those that do?

Action Jackson you're scaring me. Stop mocking the very words of God..

Deuteronomy 22:12
    "You shall make yourself tassels on the four corners of the garment with which you cover yourself.

Have you no fear?
    'A straight line is not the shortest distance between two points ...'

Madeleine L'Engle

I'm wondering why I've been reading on this thread that one need to either follow Christ or obey Torah. Wouldn't obedience to Christ lead to keeping Torah? I fail to see why it has to be one or the other--why not both?

Jesus said that those who love Him will keep His word:

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Quote Originally Posted by Melodious Musician View Post
    I'm wondering why I've been reading on this thread that one need to either follow Christ or obey Torah. Wouldn't obedience to Christ lead to keeping Torah? I fail to see why it has to be one or the other--why not both?

Jesus said that those who love Him will keep His word:

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
    WINNER!

Sadly, the early "church fathers" have indoctrinated the masses to reject any and all things "Jewish"! They were VERY anti-semitic...vitriol and hatred spewed out of their mouths at the thought of anything connected to the Israel of Yahweh.

Thus, the "church", they say, was born at Pentecost (ooops! A feast of Yah!)