Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fifty (bible) reasons why the jews are not israel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I should read this whole thread.

Jews [physical] according to Christian doctrine have been broken off

from Israel because of un belief.

At any time any Jew can be grafted back in if they accept Christ.

Now....This does not mean that God is thru with the Physical Jews,

As the rabbis led them astray so will the rabbis lead them back

A remnant will be saved and will take IMO her rightful Place on top of the tree of Nations.

IMO were waiting on the Physical Jews to get with the Program

But us spiritual Jews should not be full of pride or hate to them

Only patience and love, evangelize at any opportunity.

Remember God has a plan and Loves them.

Daytonabill0001, glad you and your ilk are here. Saves me a lot of typing and looking up scriptures.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

ilk??? What's that?
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Yay!!! This thread is in the cemetery, RIP...

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Agreed Orion Commander. There certainly, lately have been some strange, confusing thread titles. STRANGE I say STRANGE . It's really time to put on the whole armour and pray earnestly for the faith that was once delivered to the saints. I get the feeling things will get more confusing/deceptive as time goes on. Strange, I say strange...........

Quote Originally Posted by orion commander View Post
    Daytonabill0001, glad you and your ilk are here. Saves me a lot of typing and looking up scriptures.
    Allow me to help you and Daytonabill0001 out with the scripture. Maybe I can "twist" it some more by quoting it.

Who did Jesus come for?

Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Luk 1:54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Luk 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

Luk 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Luk 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Mat 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Act 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Act 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Act 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Act 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Act 26:7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

Act 28:20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

Rom 1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Php 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

1Th 1:4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

2Th 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Heb 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Quote Originally Posted by The End of Days View Post
    Allow me to help you and Daytonabill0001 out with the scripture. Maybe I can "twist" it some more by quoting it.

Who did Jesus come for?

Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Luk 1:54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Luk 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

Luk 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Luk 2:34 And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Mat 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Act 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk? 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Act 3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Act 7:37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

Act 10:36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

Act 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Act 26:7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

Act 28:20 For this cause therefore have I called for you, to see you, and to speak with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chain.

Rom 1:13 Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit among you also, even as among other Gentiles.

Rom 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Php 3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;

1Th 1:4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

2Th 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Heb 6:13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
    Scripture does not contradict scripture.

Jesus did come FIRST to Israel but the gift He came to give of redemption was first promised in the Garden of Eden and then reaffirmed to Abraham.
    They were not Israel.

Gen 12
    3 I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
    and all peoples on earth
    will be blessed through you

John 1
    29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 3
    16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

John 4
    9 The Samaritan woman said to him, “You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?” (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.[a]) 10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”
    11 “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”
    13 Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14 but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

John 12
    44 Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
    47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

1 John 2

1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. 2 He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 6
    32 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.

John 12
    30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up[g] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

Gen 18
    18 Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him.

Psalm 22
    27 All the ends of the earth
    will remember and turn to the LORD,
    and all the families of the nations
    will bow down before him,
    28 for dominion belongs to the LORD
    and he rules over the nations.

There are more but it is clear that He is the savior to ALL men and women, not just Israel.

Israel is the lineage through whom He was born and first offered the gift of salvation and through whom Christianity was born.

The issue so many forget is that when we become a Christian we are BORN AGAIN a child of God - through the lineage of the second Adam as a NEW CREATION. The first Adam was a child of God before the fall. Adam gave up his inheritance when he sold out to Satan.

Israel were never called a child of God. Christians who are born again a NEW CREATION are called Children of God.

Jesus doesn't tell people who come to Him that they will be given the right to be called Israel.

Matthew 5:9
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

John 1:12
    Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

Romans 8:14
    For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

John 3:3
    In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."

Matthew 16:24
    Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
    (Die to self)

Galatians 2:20
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Romans 8:1
    [ Life Through the Spirit ] Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

Romans 8:2
    because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 6
    3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

1 Peter 1:23
    For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Ephesians 4:30
    And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

2 Corinthians 5:17
    Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Galatians 3:28
    There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

So while so many struggle to either claim to be a part of Israel, replace Israel, or replace Israel with the church - when someone comes to a saving faith, they become a NEW CREATION and a child of God.

Israel is unique in that God chose Jacob (the one who struggled with God and triumphed) as the lineage through which the messiah would come and also as a witness to the world that God Is Real. He will continue to work through them until it is all complete (Rev 22). The struggle with Jacob was prophetic. Clearly a man cannot win against God. But the name was significant to remind all of us that in the end, God will bring her through until all the world sees the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as the one true God.

No one of Israel individually are saved unless they come to a saving faith but the nation of Israel will continue to be the focus of God's attention and work as a witness to the world.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Scripture does not contradict scripture.

The issue so many forget is that when we become a Christian we are BORN AGAIN a child of God - through the lineage of the second Adam as a NEW CREATION. The first Adam was a child of God before the fall. Adam gave up his inheritance when he sold out to Satan.
    Emily, I had not seen it as this way. Click the light goes on. Jacob is the second son and received the blessing. And Josephs second son received the blessing. And Jesus the second Adam receives the blessing.

Not to make anything monumental out of this but it is interesting that a spiritual nature not the physical nature wins out when it comes to the invisible things that matter most.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by orion commander View Post
    Emily, I had not seen it as this way. Click the light goes on. Jacob is the second son and received the blessing. And Josephs second son received the blessing. And Jesus the second Adam receives the blessing.

Not to make anything monumental out of this but it is interesting that a spiritual nature not the physical nature wins out when it comes to the invisible things that matter most.
    And we are the second creation (we are a new creation), so naturally we get the blessing of Abraham conferred upon us...

I should add for end of day's viewing pleasure, the Israelites, the Judahians (just made that up) and the gentilians (ooo, sounds so reptilian...) are invited to partake in the covenant that Jesus cut with us, all we have to do is believe, as recorded in;

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

orion commander, I should point out that Jesus is not a created being, He left His original habitation to be born in a real earth suit just like ours, but with out the sin nature (He had no earthly father to pass that along...).

So, yes He is the second Adam, but in the sense that from Him come many more of the same kind.

Rom_8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

As Adam and Eve were created in God's image but fell from glory, so also are we, if we believe on the Name of Jesus but are translated back into glory.

It was God's intended purpose for man to have dominion over this world and to exercise that dominion looking like God. Jesus was the One who could restore us to our original place in God's plan for Man.

Notice that man fell from "glory", and Jesus restores us back to "glory"?

As the apostle Paul said, God intended for us to be conformed to His Son's image, so with that in mind, look at what else Paul told us;

Col 3:4 Christ is your life. When he appears, then you, too, will appear with him in glory

And Peter had this to say;

1Pe_5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away

And John had this to say;

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

This is exciting, I'll gladly cut loose (actually, I already did!) from all of the world's things and system to get into this!!! (wink) You betcha!

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post
    And we are the second creation (we are a new creation), so naturally we get the blessing of Abraham conferred upon us...

I should add for end of day's viewing pleasure, the Israelites, the Judahians (just made that up) and the gentilians (ooo, sounds so reptilian...) are invited to partake in the covenant that Jesus cut with us, all we have to do is believe, as recorded in;

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

orion commander, I should point out that Jesus is not a created being, He left His original habitation to be born in a real earth suit just like ours, but with out the sin nature (He had no earthly father to pass that along...).

So, yes He is the second Adam, but in the sense that from Him come many more of the same kind.

Rom_8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

As Adam and Eve were created in God's image but fell from glory, so also are we, if we believe on the Name of Jesus but are translated back into glory.

It was God's intended purpose for man to have dominion over this world and to exercise that dominion looking like God. Jesus was the One who could restore us to our original place in God's plan for Man.

Notice that man fell from "glory", and Jesus restores us back to "glory"?

As the apostle Paul said, God intended for us to be conformed to His Son's image, so with that in mind, look at what else Paul told us;

Col 3:4 Christ is your life. When he appears, then you, too, will appear with him in glory

And Peter had this to say;

1Pe_5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away

And John had this to say;

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

This is exciting, I'll gladly cut loose (actually, I already did!) from all of the world's things and system to get into this!!! (wink) You betcha!
    More great points. I love your creativity!

Jesus did what the first Adam could not do to restore us.

You'll like this scripture too
    1 Corinthians 15:45
    So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being” ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe