Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifty (bible) reasons why the jews are not israel

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Scripture does not contradict scripture.

The issue so many forget is that when we become a Christian we are BORN AGAIN a child of God - through the lineage of the second Adam as a NEW CREATION. The first Adam was a child of God before the fall. Adam gave up his inheritance when he sold out to Satan.
    Emily, I had not seen it as this way. Click the light goes on. Jacob is the second son and received the blessing. And Josephs second son received the blessing. And Jesus the second Adam receives the blessing.

Not to make anything monumental out of this but it is interesting that a spiritual nature not the physical nature wins out when it comes to the invisible things that matter most.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

The End of Days:

"If I tell you things that are plain as the hand before your face and you don't believe me, what use is there in telling you of things you can't see, the things of God?"
    Pride Always Has A Better Idea.

And it's not your job to mold me to your likeness!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

This is the most important, the first on any list.

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Quote Originally Posted by orion commander View Post
    Emily, I had not seen it as this way. Click the light goes on. Jacob is the second son and received the blessing. And Josephs second son received the blessing. And Jesus the second Adam receives the blessing.

Not to make anything monumental out of this but it is interesting that a spiritual nature not the physical nature wins out when it comes to the invisible things that matter most.
    And we are the second creation (we are a new creation), so naturally we get the blessing of Abraham conferred upon us...

I should add for end of day's viewing pleasure, the Israelites, the Judahians (just made that up) and the gentilians (ooo, sounds so reptilian...) are invited to partake in the covenant that Jesus cut with us, all we have to do is believe, as recorded in;

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

orion commander, I should point out that Jesus is not a created being, He left His original habitation to be born in a real earth suit just like ours, but with out the sin nature (He had no earthly father to pass that along...).

So, yes He is the second Adam, but in the sense that from Him come many more of the same kind.

Rom_8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

As Adam and Eve were created in God's image but fell from glory, so also are we, if we believe on the Name of Jesus but are translated back into glory.

It was God's intended purpose for man to have dominion over this world and to exercise that dominion looking like God. Jesus was the One who could restore us to our original place in God's plan for Man.

Notice that man fell from "glory", and Jesus restores us back to "glory"?

As the apostle Paul said, God intended for us to be conformed to His Son's image, so with that in mind, look at what else Paul told us;

Col 3:4 Christ is your life. When he appears, then you, too, will appear with him in glory

And Peter had this to say;

1Pe_5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away

And John had this to say;

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

This is exciting, I'll gladly cut loose (actually, I already did!) from all of the world's things and system to get into this!!! (wink) You betcha!

Mat 22:37-40 (msg) Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.'

But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.'

These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them."

Great points! I think that it is monumental.

As a matter of fact Chuck Missler did a great comparison of how the second born is given the blessing throughout the thread of scripture where key changes were made towards the lineage.

The second Adam, the New Creation born children of God through His death (atonement) and resurrection is the whole focus of God's intended purpose.

Israel is only the nation to which He reveals Himself and through whom the Messiah was born. To show the world that He Is Real. They still have a place in God's plan through to the end.

All the arguing about who is and isn't Israel are completely missing the TRUE message of the Gospel - the New Creation, Children of God.

God bless!
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post
    And we are the second creation (we are a new creation), so naturally we get the blessing of Abraham conferred upon us...

I should add for end of day's viewing pleasure, the Israelites, the Judahians (just made that up) and the gentilians (ooo, sounds so reptilian...) are invited to partake in the covenant that Jesus cut with us, all we have to do is believe, as recorded in;

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

orion commander, I should point out that Jesus is not a created being, He left His original habitation to be born in a real earth suit just like ours, but with out the sin nature (He had no earthly father to pass that along...).

So, yes He is the second Adam, but in the sense that from Him come many more of the same kind.

Rom_8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

As Adam and Eve were created in God's image but fell from glory, so also are we, if we believe on the Name of Jesus but are translated back into glory.

It was God's intended purpose for man to have dominion over this world and to exercise that dominion looking like God. Jesus was the One who could restore us to our original place in God's plan for Man.

Notice that man fell from "glory", and Jesus restores us back to "glory"?

As the apostle Paul said, God intended for us to be conformed to His Son's image, so with that in mind, look at what else Paul told us;

Col 3:4 Christ is your life. When he appears, then you, too, will appear with him in glory

And Peter had this to say;

1Pe_5:4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away

And John had this to say;

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

This is exciting, I'll gladly cut loose (actually, I already did!) from all of the world's things and system to get into this!!! (wink) You betcha!
    More great points. I love your creativity!

Jesus did what the first Adam could not do to restore us.

You'll like this scripture too
    1 Corinthians 15:45
    So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being” ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Daytonabill0001 View Post
    Hello Emily, that's wild, my post ended up agreeing with yours and I didn't even know you had posted while I was working on mine... God bless you Emily!!!
    When led by the Holy Spirit, His truth will always line up perfectly!
    We just share with one another what we have learned and take it to Him in prayer.

That is how we will know one another!

Quote Originally Posted by The End of Days View Post
    Again, context. It's like a broken record with you. Jesus himself said who he came for. Everything else falls under that context. Someone can believe the words of Jesus or believe another doctrine. That is up to people to decide themselves. On the Day of the Lord, ignorance will not be an excuse.
    Would you please then explain the post I made of all the scriptures where Jesus said He died for the WHOLE WORLD?

And actually, the FIRST scriptures talking about redemption was to the WHOLE WORLD, not just Israel because they didn't exist yet. Gen 12:3

So everything else falls under those scriptures, not the other way around.

Ha ha! Thank you Emily! Jesus never fails to get me excited, when you think about the whole thing, it makes you wonder if that's the reason those angels in God's presence in Rev 4:8

Each of the four living creatures had six wings and were covered with eyes, inside and out. Without stopping day or night they were singing, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, who is, and who is coming."

Here you've got these angels with alot of eyeballs that are just looking all over God's Glory and every time they see something new, they exclaim "Holy! and then they see something else, and another "Holy!" rings out and they look some more and see another facet of God's goodness and another "Holy!" rings out...

I guess those angels don't know that God's goodness and love is so vast that they can look for all eternity and still not have plumbed the depth of it all!

God is Good!

With all that has been said I will go on record that I think we should treat the physical descendants of the man Israel with respect in general because they are the people that God entrusted with His Oracles and brought us all the good news of redemption.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

With all that has been said I will go on record that I think we should treat the physical descendants of the man Israel with respect in general because they are the people that God entrusted with His Oracles and brought us all the good news of redemption.
    Amen!