while it is true the apostles taught orally, the compilation of the teachings and the gospels are what they taught..the New Testament Book is our record of what they taught, it is their witness to us. to me that holds alot of weight as opposed to any church(es) that added to or taken away thru the centuries from what was originally taught.

i know i tend to oversimplify things, but remaining with the words of Christ and teachings of the apostles just seems the right thing to do. i understand others feel different, that following a church is the way to go, but for me, every church ive ever been to, catholic, methodist, baptist, mormon, unitatian, etc has seemed to me to add things or focus on a part of the scripture to the exclusion of other parts in one way or another. thats just been my experience.

so depending on the whole picture of scripture for my guidance is what ive chosen to do, that with alot of prayer and a good concordance. in these last days with all sorts of deceptions flying around in all sorts of churches, im just not sure i can trust anything but scripture.