Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: how NOT to film the police.

Cool Video: how NOT to film the police.

Another example of someone filming the cops from their front porch. only this guy chooses to interact with them in a way i wouldnt dream of.

I feel the cops showed great restraint and gave him every opportunity to JUST SHUT UP.. I guess technically he WAS just exercising his freedom of speech, but at what point do you become a public nuisance?

should the cops have given him his ID back and walked away?? of course,but all the same given his attitude, i am surprised this didnt end much worse than just him being hauled off to jail..

video is 7:09 long, and he runs his mouth the entire time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOYDj...layer_embedded

is this REALLY how you should fight for your rights as a citizen? is it REALLY effective? or does it just make you look like a idiot?

I have to wonder why the officer who was waving as he was going to his car didn't just continue on with what he had to do and ignore the guy.

For it is written, AS I LIVE, SAITH THE LORD,
    EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME,
    AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESS TO GOD.

KJV Romans 14:11

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    is this REALLY how you should fight for your rights as a citizen? is it REALLY effective? or does it just make you look like a idiot?
    Also, nah not a good way to fight it unless he was directly involved from the beginning. I do think he was hyped up about something already when he got the camera out and filmed from his garage. The officer called it disturbing the peace but had the guy yelled and applauded the cops for doing a good job the cops would have never walked up his driveway. But it would still have been yelling regardless.
    I think to them, being in the street they saw what appeared to them as a punk with a camera calling them a Nazi and it messed with their ego's.
    Why they didn't just leave I don't know.

For it is written, AS I LIVE, SAITH THE LORD,
    EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME,
    AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESS TO GOD.

KJV Romans 14:11

Cops think they own YOU. They think they are above any laws. They get mad when anybody stands up to them.

These cops are criminals. They did exactly what the guy said they would- like nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Why they didn't just leave I don't know.
    Asked and answered. Ego, pure and simple.

I see it like he got the outcome he not only anticipated, but WANTED. i get the feeling had he just shut up he would have been left alone.

i know me personally, if i wave at someone because they are staring at me, and they yell a derogatory comment to me, yeah, i am going to go get in someones face and find out what their problem is. why should a cop be any different?

because they wear a uniform and a badge they are supposed to ignore insults?sorry, i aint in that camp..

Quote Originally Posted by kadosh View Post
    Asked and answered. Ego, pure and simple.
    Yep. I've had nasty things yelled at me before, but you don't see me going over to teach the person a lesson--why shouldn't cops have the same restraint? I mean, even if the guy was a jerk, I don't believe that cops have the right to arrest someone for that reason. Unless someone is impeding an arrest or investigation, or is disturbing the peace, the cops should not be able to arrest them for yelling at them--it is the their 1st Amendment right, even if they are abusing it.

Cops see and deal with some of the worst things our society has to offer, and yet, I see so many behave as if they have the thinnest skin in existence--what gives?
    "Cats are so vile the Bible does not so much as mention them."

--Natty Threads

"I have come to the conclusion that people are strange."

--Firedance

Quote Originally Posted by Melodious Musician View Post
    Yep. I've had nasty things yelled at me before, but you don't see me going over to teach the person a lesson-
    i didnt see them teaching him ANY lesson. i was surprised he wasnt tased or beat down. THAT would be evidence of them out to "teach him a lesson".-
    why shouldn't cops have the same restraint?
    i thought they showed great restraint.

I mean, even if the guy was a jerk, I don't believe that cops have the right to arrest someone for that reason. Unless someone is impeding an arrest or investigation, or is disturbing the peace, the cops should not be able to arrest them for yelling at them--it is the their 1st Amendment right, even if they are abusing it.
    i agree, they should have ran his ID and let him go, that too would have been "out to teach him a lesson". albeit in a different manner.
    Cops see and deal with some of the worst things our society has to offer, and yet, I see so many behave as if they have the thinnest skin in existence--what gives?
    i didnt see any thin skin here, i saw cops giving the guy every opportunity to tone it down, he chose not to.

in similar circumstances, most folks would have decked the guy, i know i would have.

i mean most folks around here who get a slur hurled their way, would go get in the persons face, if the person continued to be a obnoxious Ahole, they would wind up getting decked.

i just dont see where its a cops obligation to ignore someone trying to instigate conflict, which is EXACTLY what this guy was doing..

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    because they wear a uniform and a badge they are supposed to ignore insults?sorry, i aint in that camp..
    Except when YOU follow up, and possibly get into an altercation, it's an even fight, and both parties have equal chances.

When a cop gets pissed and gets into a fight, he has all sorts of extra weapons and "buddies" in his gang who can and will come and take your opponent apart with impunity - and immunity.

Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Sinclair View Post
    Except when YOU follow up, and possibly get into an altercation, it's an even fight, and both parties have equal chances.

When a cop gets pissed and gets into a fight, he has all sorts of extra weapons and "buddies" in his gang who can and will come and take your opponent apart with impunity - and immunity.

Earl
    and i understand that, which is why i feel they showed great restraint towards one who was obviously trying to provoke that type of response.

i dunno, i just dont see the need to poke a bull with a stick and after it retaliates yell,"see,see what he did to me".. it really screams moron to me.