Hi,

Awhile ago now, I mentioned finding that the Toll House cookies recipe I made from a bag of Nestles chips seemed small and didn't taste the same (people bring these to me for my husband, from the American PX).

Then, I went and found a larger bag in the freezer and presto, mystery solved! The bags are now to small for the original recipe, so they shrunk it but it did not shrink very well. Hershey bags are even smaller, I used part of a second bag today to make the full recipe.

Anyway, I know its been months, but here is the original, Toll House Cookie recipe from the back of a bag. I'll also do one for Oatmeal Cookies that I copied in the 1980's from the Quaker Oats box (and into my 1956 Joy of Cooking) and the Pumpkin Pie recipe I had my mother-in-law send me from the can of pumpkin puree.

I'll split these up so they are easier to copy out and read, other people please add to the thread. Anything from boxes, cans or even traditional Americana, treats like they used to be made before companies started messing with their ingredients or getting two cheap for full sized boxes. If its a savory dish, we can post that too. So get out your old cookbooks, the ones that might have a newspaper article from 1975, hidden in there with your favorite dish...

Here we go..