Thread: Great grilled jalapeno recipe

Default Great grilled jalapeno recipe

I found this recipe on the internet while searching for something else. Maybe some of you have tried it...if not, please do. I made some today and they were really delicious. It's a great appetizer for lots of meals.

Jalapeno will seeds removed
    Fill with cream cheese
    Wrap in bacon
    Grill for about 6 minutes...or to your satisfaction

I cut the jalapeno in half to seed them but then, they can't be turned to grill. That's not a huge deal it seems but if you want your bacon brown all over, you'd have to cut the top off the jalapeno and scoop out the seeds. My jalapeno are just coming onto the plant so these were just a bit bigger than a man's thumb. The larger the jalapeno, the better, it would seem. Also, take note of the seeds. If you like it hot, then you know to leave lots of seeds. I took them all out and it was just spicy enough. I'm a wimp.

Thank you very much, sounds wonderful as I grow a LOT of peppers!
    Stranger in an even stranger land

Someone posted that for me down in the kitchen last week. I tried those and they were GREAT! If you got 'em, roast 'em! LOL

She

Oh yeah, I added 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and a dash or two of garlic pepper to the mix. yummy.

Now don't I feel silly? So sorry for the dupe. Well, with the additional exposure, perhaps someone else will try it. I hope so because it is really quite a nice treat.