Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomato Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Has anyone tried this with Mozzarella instead of cheddar cheese?
    Yes, sometimes I mix half and half of the cheeses, with a little of Parm on top. I also use mostly mozz when I make my "deep dish" tomato/pizza/pie. I've used smoked provolone, swiss, feta. You name it, I've tried it and you can use any cheese to suit the meat that you put in, if you put meat in, it's really not necessary though.

You can also make this without a crust. Just make sure you butter up, oil or spray enough on the bottom and sides so when the cheese melts into your ingredients, it will "bake" it's own cheesy crust on the bottom and sides.

DH could sit and watch tv and cruise thru one of these in no time.
    Old enough to remember

Quote Originally Posted by obleo View Post
    Yes, sometimes I mix half and half of the cheeses, with a little of Parm on top. I also use mostly mozz when I make my "deep dish" tomato/pizza/pie. I've used smoked provolone, swiss, feta. You name it, I've tried it and you can use any cheese to suit the meat that you put in, if you put meat in, it's really not necessary though.

You can also make this without a crust. Just make sure you butter up, oil or spray enough on the bottom and sides so when the cheese melts into your ingredients, it will "bake" it's own cheesy crust on the bottom and sides.

DH could sit and watch tv and cruise thru one of these in no time.
    I think I'm going to try this tomorrow. I've already got the ingredients at the house.
    Do thou O Lord, protect us, guard us ever from this generation. On every side the wicked prowl as vileness is exalted among the sons of men.
    Psalm 12:7-8

In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers which confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell. —William Booth founder and general of the Salvation Army 1829-1916