Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new social group for nurses and all disciples of medicine

Well I did get mine and my right arm was achey for a few days but luckily I didnt have the same reaction as last time. What upsets me more is the blunt force requirement for these at my hospital without regard for my privacy.
    Dont piss down my back and tell me its raining!

I was in the hospital when a person came to my bed (broken spine) and asked why I refused the shot? I said I don't want it!! She said she was with the CDC and wanted to make sure that I had personally refused to take it. It did shock me. When one of my regular nurses came in, I asked her if that person was really with CDC and why did she come into my room? She confirmed that she did work with the CDC and that they regularly check up on people in the hospital and nursing homes. I have had them in the past but I always got sick as if I had not had the shot, so I don't take them anymore.

On every single hospital admission we are required to ask patients if and when they had the flu and pnuemonia vaccine, and flag their chart if they are eligible for it. Our units get audited for compliance in giving the vaccines before discharge. No physician order or permission required. It's really stupid to be admitting someone to ICU with say a massive stroke, and we can't get past the computer screen on vaccine compliance. So we usually just lie and say the patient has already had it. Would you want someone asking you something like that when you or your loved one is in crisis. Morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Maude View Post
    On every single hospital admission we are required to ask patients if and when they had the flu and pnuemonia vaccine, and flag their chart if they are eligible for it. Our units get audited for compliance in giving the vaccines before discharge. No physician order or permission required. It's really stupid to be admitting someone to ICU with say a massive stroke, and we can't get past the computer screen on vaccine compliance. So we usually just lie and say the patient has already had it. Would you want someone asking you something like that when you or your loved one is in crisis. Morons.
    I agree completely.....Its like the same idiots that design parking lots are the same ones that come up with these rules......one size fits all template.
    Dont piss down my back and tell me its raining!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Maude View Post
    TRULY amazing, and unbelievable stupid.

Because even rabid vaccine proponents generally recognize that vaccinating someone who isn't in good health- especially if they have any sort of infection brewing or other potential immune system issues- is NOT good for them, is potentially risky, and is highly unlikely to provide the immune response they are hoping for anyway!

It stuns me when I realize our veterinarian is better educated on vaccine safety and protocol than most human doctors...

Summerthyme

I forgot to mention, when I was taken to the hospital with my broken back, they found that I had a bladder or kidney infection AND pneumonia.

After reading what Summer has to say, it scares me to death to think I might have ok'd the shot that the CDC woman wanted. Badger me she tried but it didn't work. I do not like Vaccines that are given in this day and age. Thank you Summer.