Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Why Japan Did not Invade Mainland U.S. in WWII

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    898

    Default Why Japan Did not Invade Mainland U.S. in WWII

    True story and most people will never know it.

    Here’s an interesting side bar. After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started. The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River . Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships…...all fighting the Germans. So, why did they not invade?

    After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer…...they know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.

    The world's largest army... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this....

    A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

    There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..

    Allow me to restate that number.

    Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

    More men under arms than in Iran ..

    More than in France and Germany combined.

    These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

    That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.

    Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
    The point?

    America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

    Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

    *************************************************

    That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

    Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, TX (In the Basement)
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    There real reason, all thought I like the gun ownership thing, is that the Japs did not have the military capability to get an invasion fleet to the mainland of American. If they had tried the war would have been over before it really got started. Too bad they didn't try. As it was less than 25% of this nation's entire war effort (usually less than 25%) went toward the war in the Pacific till April of 1945.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

    You have been banned for the following reason:
    continued trolling after warning- starting a fight in a news thread

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, TX (In the Basement)
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by midijeep View Post
    True story and most people will never know it.

    Here’s an interesting side bar. After the Japanese decimated our fleet in Pearl Harbor Dec 7, 1941, they could have sent their troop ships and carriers directly to California to finish what they started. The prediction from our Chief of Staff was we would not be able to stop a massive invasion until they reached the Mississippi River . Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships…...all fighting the Germans. So, why did they not invade?

    After the war, the remaining Japanese generals and admirals were asked that question. Their answer…...they know that almost every home had guns and the Americans knew how to use them.

    The world's largest army... America 's hunters! I had never thought about this....

    A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

    There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin ..

    Allow me to restate that number.

    Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

    More men under arms than in Iran ..

    More than in France and Germany combined.

    These men deployed to the woods of a single American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

    That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home.

    Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
    The point?

    America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.

    Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

    *************************************************

    That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

    Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

    LOL!

    Ya just might want to add in the gun ownership here in Texas.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

    You have been banned for the following reason:
    continued trolling after warning- starting a fight in a news thread

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    LOL!

    Ya just might want to add in the gun ownership here in Texas.
    I thought about it but realized that Texans never draw their gun.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    There real reason, all thought I like the gun ownership thing, is that the Japs did not have the military capability to get an invasion fleet to the mainland of American. If they had tried the war would have been over before it really got started. Too bad they didn't try. As it was less than 25% of this nation's entire war effort (usually less than 25%) went toward the war in the Pacific till April of 1945.
    That, and they really needed to secure the southern Pacific resources first, which was the whole point of Pearl Harbor.
    Only the sword now carries any weight in the balance for the destiny of a nation.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,513

    Default

    This is why I shake my head whenever I hear about martial law and such.

    And don't forget, they already have their bullets. You can jack up the bullet tax to doomsday but they've already got a load.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    side B, track 4
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania
    Sure enough. One can't walk thirty feet in any direction without tripping over a Fudd of some sort around here. Ixnay on the emiautosay hunting in PA however.

    I figure when the deer shoot back it'll be a real sport.

    I can't help but wonder if the Fudd clan will have the "will to use it" or the "will to turn it in" though.


    "If you're complacent and you know it, clank your chains..."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Between Sandpoint and Coeur D'Alene
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    This year, gun sales are to be 15 million.
    That is the number of purchases, not the number of guns.
    Last year it was about 14 million and the year before about 13 million.

    The powers that be will have to stage such a devastating false flag that most everyone will want to turn their guns in. Or, the bonus for the quislings to turn in firearms owners will be extremely high and may be one of the few means a person would have for cash during the depression.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Born on a Mountaintop
    Posts
    5,280

    Default

    Remember, we had a 2 million man army and war ships…...all fighting the Germans. So, why did they not invade?
    Minor correction.

    We did not start fighting in Europe until after Pearl Harbor
    In battle, Free Men will almost always defeat slaves
    Herodotus after the Battle of Marathon

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sw357 View Post
    Sure enough. One can't walk thirty feet in any direction without tripping over a Fudd of some sort around here. Ixnay on the emiautosay hunting in PA however.

    I figure when the deer shoot back it'll be a real sport.

    I can't help but wonder if the Fudd clan will have the "will to use it" or the "will to turn it in" though.

    Hunting is not a sport. It is the act of taking food which God has provided. Most hunters I know (self included) approach it with a silent reverence that can only be descibed as spiritual. Maybe you should stop watching cartoons and get out in the woods.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •