Thread: Cross-border incursion into Iraq possible at any time, Turkish minister says

Exclamation Cross-border incursion into Iraq possible at any time, Turkish minister says

A military incursion into northern Iraq to hunt down members of the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK, “could be conducted at any moment,” Interior Minister İdris Naim Şahin announced Tuesday.
    "An evaluation [for a cross-border operation] is still in the works. But our operations continue to battle crime and criminals on land, as well as maintaining control. A cross-border incursion may be conducted depending on talks with the neighboring countries,” Şahin told reporters following a meeting with a visiting German delegation.
    Şahin added that military incursions took place all the time.
    The Turkish military began bombarding PKK camps in northern Iraq after militants from the group stepped up attacks in Southeast Anatolia last month. The PKK is listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the United States and the European Union.
    Operation will occur when instructions come, deputy PM says
    “These are matters not to be discussed but to be done,” Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç following a recent meeting with the Cabinet. “It will happen when the time comes, and the prime minister and the government will decide and instruct the relevant authorities to act. It is not an issue at the present moment. But when it is an issue, meeting upon meeting to announce it is unnecessary. The authority that Parliament [gave for an incursion] is valid until Oct. 17. Within or outside of this authority, Turkey is capable of making any decision on incursions regarding security reasons. This is beyond a question to be asked daily, it will only be announced when the government takes on the authority to do it. There is no need for any other meeting."

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.p...ter-2011-09-13
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Boy, the Turks are really feeling their oats these days. Threatening incursions into Iraq, "final warning" to Assad that he needs to play by the rules, deteriorating relations with Israel, threatening Cyprus, Erodgan on his MENA tour.

The Turks see the caliphate coming and are exerting dominance in an attempt to have it return to Ottoman hands. Surfing, muslim style. On a wave of blood. I think NATO is going to regret the technology the Turks have at their disposal thanks to us.
    Pragmatic. Eclectic. Realistic.
    The BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! Read it yourself. Live it. Love it.
    Vivere Paratus: Fortune Favors the Prepared. John 3, Rom 10:9-10
    Children of Yahweh, He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. I Jn 4
    The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing and the plans of the peoples to no effect. Yahweh's counsel stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations. Ps 33

Are the Turks just itching to get Ezekiel 38 rolling? They need to read the book, as it does not end well for them....................
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    Are the Turks just itching to get Ezekiel 38 rolling? They need to read the book, as it does not end well for them....................
    going to happen coming together fast
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

I think I read somewhere that the turks have rewritten the "friend-or-foe" software in their f-16's to allow IDF fighters to be targets now.

Ray Charles could see whats coming.....
    .........against all enemies, foreign and domestic

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    I think I read somewhere that the turks have rewritten the "friend-or-foe" software in their f-16's to allow IDF fighters to be targets now.

Ray Charles could see whats coming.....
    On a related note, it appears the Turkish AF has removed the IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) safeguards for Israeli air craft. In other words, if an Israeli AF plane shows up on a Turk F-16 radar, it will show up as a bogey/hostile and not a friendly.

Report: Turkish warplanes now able to fire at Israeli targets

Ankara's Star Gazete says country's new F-16 radar system modified to recategorize Israeli targets as hostile. Order said to come directly from PM Erdogan's office; naval, submarine radar systems to be changed next.

Turkey has developed a new radar system for its US-made F-16 fighter jets that will allow them to fire at Israeli targets, Ankara's Star Gazete reported on Tuesday. The orders to modify the system reportedly came directly from Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's office.

The new radar system – Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) – is a defensive command and control system developed by Turkey's Military Electronics Industry (ASELSAN) for the nation's air force and navy. It is slated to replace a similar US version which is in use today.

The US system is comprised of lists of "friends" and "foes." The system's settings are designed to prevent pilot error as well, to an extent, disabling the ability to fire at "friendly" targets even by mistake. The US system identified Israel as a 'friend,' thus preventing Turkish fighter jets from firing at them automatically. The new system, however, allows Turkey control the "friend or foe" list independently.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...121642,00.html

The incusion threat alone is nothing new, they launch incursions into northern Iraq every few months...

Agree that everything together is making things interesting on the global scene...

They are the new North Korea.