Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Japan Did not Invade Mainland U.S. in WWII

How many percentage of these hunters miss their animals...

Big difference than shooting at an unarmed target...

I'd say 90% of gun owners will not pick up their guns and fight, just look at the Revolutionary war..

Just cause you own a gun doesn't mean you will have the strength to shoot another human being...

How many soldiers wash out when they enter real combat, after their psych ops during training...

Well now that is a valid point. However how many armed men would say 5% make? How many of those 5%, are ex-military with actual combat experience, that still believe in the USA and the constitution. Now how many current military and LEO's would fight against friends and families. I'm ex- military retired and still have a lot of contacts in the corps. and from what i hear the military would lose one butt load of folks if the government tried to come after we the people.

As for me, i'm armed and have no intention of living as a slave to a bunch of crooked politicians. We all need to make a choice , i figure those still sitting on the fence would rather live as slaves. Good luck with that folks

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfinoregon View Post
    How many percentage of these hunters miss their animals... Depends on their degree of practice and familiarity with their weapon.

Big difference than shooting at an unarmed target...Not really.

I'd say 90% of gun owners will not pick up their guns and fight, just look at the Revolutionary war.. Uh, we won? Are you talking about the Tories?

Just cause you own a gun doesn't mean you will have the strength to shoot another human being... I agree here. This is THE criical decision in combat. You can not change your mind after taking the life of another Human being. You have to live with this decision for the rest of your life. The psyche of the warrior is that of a young male, who wants to serve his country. He does not think he will be killed by the enemy. Rather, he thinks he will kill the enemy. That is the mind set of our young warriors, and the minset of our species.

How many soldiers wash out when they enter real combat, after their psych ops during training...
    Training weeds out those who fail training. If you are asking how many fail in actual combat, I cannot provide any data for that.

Were you in the military?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Minor correction.

We did not start fighting in Europe until after Pearl Harbor

Hey, don't ruin a good story by pointing out reality! Their minds are made up, don't confuse them with facts.

drive
    Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Ballpark numbers ...

According to best available info, about 50M American households own guns (out of about 115M households).

Privately owned guns in America total over 200M.

Veterans? 22M ... roughly 10% of Americans serve in the military at some point.

Close to 3M are active duty and in the Reserves.

Hunters? Estimates vary from 22M to 45M

One of my gun club members wanted me to forward that email to the club membership. This was my reply:

I've seen this email many times before. It sounds good, but here are some facts:

40% of people who shoot are not effective beyond 100 yds.
    40% aren't even that good.
    I'm talking about from field positions, not bench rests, sandbags, etc. You can't bring them with you.
    I'll bet 3/4's can't run a mile, let alone an obstacle course with a rifle, ammo and equipment.
    I'll bet less than one in 10 could get two others to bear arms in freedom.
    I'll bet that less than one in one thousand can organize a platoon that have knowledge of tactics.
    Armor, artillery, mortars, air support? Yeah, right.
    The best that could be hoped for would be a low-level insurgency even less effective than Afghanistan.
    Until the population could do better than that, be thankful we still have a civic process. That means more than voting and posting and emailing. Go to your party council meetings. In Shelby county only 12 people decide who the party endorses. Organize the folks in your precinct and win some of these seats at the next party convention. Then run a candidate you can trust. Get out and talk to everybody on your street and organize a committee of safety to look out for each other in case of disaster, civil unrest etc. Teach each other skills and have a plan. Find someone on the next block and have them do the same. That's where you start
    Marksmanship and YOUR heritage http://www.appleseedinfo.org

Quote Originally Posted by philjam View Post
    Training weeds out those who fail training. If you are asking how many fail in actual combat, I cannot provide any data for that.

Were you in the military?
    Sad to say NO, they turned me down..

Less than 3% of the population fought for either side during the Revolutionary war...That means 97% didn't take up arms..

I've read that less than 5% of the population supported the American patriots...