Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Lobster meals....

Scarlet Wren Guest

Default Red Lobster meals....

Hi, I'm going to post this here as well in the Kitchen. Since the cost of dining out has become more expensive.. why not make your own? Hurry before all we have is just veggies or grass to eat!! =) These are from Red Lobster..recipes and tips.
    http://www.redlobster.com/kitchen/

Nothing against you Scarlet....but the first and last time we went to Red Lobster, the Lobster could NOT be found in my salad. I had the tiniest pies of the claw...the little tiny piece on the left finger of the claw in my Lobster salad!! What a farce. Needless to say...they lasted just a few months for good reason.

We almost never eat out. Nevertheless, one of my "preps" is the Top Secret set of cookbooks... not only does it have "clone" recipes of all sorts of popular restaurant dishes (and if you prepare them with home versions of the ingredients, they can be healthy- or at least healthier than the ones you get at the restaurant!) but they also have quite a few versions of "convenience" or "prepackaged" foods which are useful- the "Lawrys' Seasoned Salt" recipe I use came from one of them.

If you do enjoy eating at a particular restaurant (especially a major chain) look for "clone" recipes of their dishes online, while we have this wonderful resource available. Then tweak them if necessary so they're practical for home use, or your own dietary needs.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Lover View Post
    Nothing against you Scarlet....but the first and last time we went to Red Lobster, the Lobster could NOT be found in my salad. I had the tiniest pies of the claw...the little tiny piece on the left finger of the claw in my Lobster salad!! What a farce. Needless to say...they lasted just a few months for good reason.
    yeah, unfortunately, they are not all good restaurants. We went to one in Rohnert Park and is was amazingly good, then went to one in Redding and it was almost inedible and the drinks were so full of mixer that we sent them back. Too bad, they sure can be good, when the owner knows what he/she is doing. If not, then it's abysmal. And it's not cheap.

Thank you Scarlet....we love Red Lobster, and the one near us is fabulous!

BUT, we can't afford to go there very often...maybe once in a blue moon, so these recipes are most appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    We almost never eat out. Nevertheless, one of my "preps" is the Top Secret set of cookbooks... not only does it have "clone" recipes of all sorts of popular restaurant dishes (and if you prepare them with home versions of the ingredients, they can be healthy- or at least healthier than the ones you get at the restaurant!) but they also have quite a few versions of "convenience" or "prepackaged" foods which are useful- the "Lawrys' Seasoned Salt" recipe I use came from one of them.

If you do enjoy eating at a particular restaurant (especially a major chain) look for "clone" recipes of their dishes online, while we have this wonderful resource available. Then tweak them if necessary so they're practical for home use, or your own dietary needs.

Summerthyme
    Where did you find these at?
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by therosery View Post
    yeah, unfortunately, they are not all good restaurants. We went to one in Rohnert Park and is was amazingly good, then went to one in Redding and it was almost inedible and the drinks were so full of mixer that we sent them back. Too bad, they sure can be good, when the owner knows what he/she is doing. If not, then it's abysmal. And it's not cheap.

Ditto for any chain resturaunt!!!

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Here is the author's website. You can probably find the books at Abebooks or Amazon, used.
    http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.php

Because we're not big restaurant eaters (understatement of the century!), I preferred his earlier books, which concentrated on foods available in supermarkets- some Campbell's soups, certain cookies (Oreos were interesting- actually pretty close in flavor; the Girl scouts Thin Mints clone was excellent), etc...

Summerthyme

Summerthyme, here's what you need to make proper Oreos~

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...ck-cocoa-16-oz
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    Here is the author's website. You can probably find the books at Abebooks or Amazon, used.
    http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.php

Because we're not big restaurant eaters (understatement of the century!), I preferred his earlier books, which concentrated on foods available in supermarkets- some Campbell's soups, certain cookies (Oreos were interesting- actually pretty close in flavor; the Girl scouts Thin Mints clone was excellent), etc...

Summerthyme

twinkies??? Cooks Country, or was it America's Test Kitchen, did a redo of hostess's cupcakes, those chocolate ones with the cream filling, they looked really yummy!

Joan of Arc