Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chocolate Syrup (like Hershey's)

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    If you want the best hot fudge sauce you ever put in your mouth, make this one~

Sander's Hot Fudge Sauce

1 can evaporated milk
    1 lb. Kraft caramels
    1/2 lb. butter
    12 oz Nestle's Milk Chocolate Chips

Combine all ingredients in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Continue to cook for 30 minutes, stirring to prevent scorching. Put hot sauce through blender or beat at high speed with electric mixer for a few minutes. Pour into refrigerated containers, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. (it won't last that long)

HMMM...so if you can't have chocolate, I'll bet you could use butterscotch chips instead of chocolate.......

Hallelujah!
    Jesus, you have overcome the World!

Every high place must come down,
    Every stronghold shall be broken,
    You wear the Victor's Crown!
    You've overcome!
    You've overcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmLKSQCydA

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    Blue dye in marshmallows drives me crazy (youngest son is very allergic/sensitive to Blue Lake #2) but I do understand why it's there.

It makes them look WHITER. Yeah, it's dumb... there's nothing wrong with "off white" marshmallows!! But that's why they use it...

Summerthyme

I really did know that, but it's still totally illogical to me. The few brands of marshmallows which *don't* have blue dye in them look just as white, in my opinion.

I imagine they started doing it back when people still added bluing to laundry... which actually DOES make sense, it counters the yellowish tinge the whites can develop. But I don't want it in my food... my marshmallows aren't likely to turn yellow from hard water!! LOL!
    Hey, where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?

"Chances are, you're already surrounded by mindless, bloodthirsty, half-alive, subhuman wretches. An actual zombie apocalypse would just give you the chance to do something constructive about it."