Thread: What to do with Mint?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

you can make all kinds of things with mint...first one that comes to mind (other than mint tea, my favorite) is mouthwash! lots of recipes online.

Ditto on the tabbouleh, dry it, gift it away, it repels rodents, so plant is around the house if that's a problem, it can go in all kinds of lotions, creams, and herbal remedies.
    Deuteronomy 6:5-7 And thou shalt love YHWH thy Elohim with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Here is some interesting info about mint:

http://www.gardensablaze.com/HerbMintMed.htm

Grind some up and put it in ice tea.

ST

Mint oil mixed with some soap is deadly to insects. The commercial spray I've seen uses 4% mint oil. For reference: http://www.saferbrand.com/store/insect-control/m601 . Harmless to people.

I mean in reglular old fashioned ice tea.
    The Hindu resturant does this, and I cannot get enough--so I too started to grow my own.

ST

Soup recipe:

Go to foodnetwork.com and search for Emerils "NEW Style Caldo Verde", My family loves it and it uses lots of fresh herbs including mint. Make it with Kielbasa or Linguisa sausage