Thread: Easy Tomato Soup

Default Easy Tomato Soup

ive been looking for a homemade tomato soup recipe that even i can do. i loooove tomato soup when it turns cold and have tried several recipes that were good, but either didnt quite ring my bell or had too many steps....i only have a few brain cells left, so i look for simple things.

here is one i tried today and thought it was perfect and will become my standard tomato soup recipe from now on. not only was it simple but it was durn good.

makes 2 servings

2T butter
    1 T flour
    2 C tomato juice
    1/2 c water ** or milk
    1-2T sugar
    1/8 t salt or to taste
    pepper to taste

on med heat melt butter and stir in flour
    slowly add tomato juice and water
    bring to a gentle boil and stir for 2 minutes
    add sugar and salt / pepper

**i added just 1 1/2 T sugar so it wouldnt be too sweet. the original recipe called for adding 3/4 cooked noodles or chunks of ham or bacon. i first tried it plain , then the second time i added some ham bits, it was good. then next time i tried adding a little bit of milk to make it creamy, that came out good too, so i guess its a forgiving recipe. for me, next time, ill be making it with milk again as that was my favorite.

ive pulled all the tomatoes and been turning them into juice to can up, and this is what i used for tomato juice. ive doubled this recipe and it came out fine. i think if its doubled it would feed 4 ppl for a soup and sandwich meal.
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. Anything or anyone else are end times deceptions distracting us from fully knowing Christ. There is No Other.

CANNABIS MEDICINE RECIPES & INFO
    https://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com/blog/

Try it with just tomato juice, canned milk, salt, and pepper. You can even leave out the salt and pepper if you don't want or need them.

That is how I started making tomato soup when Campbell's got over 40 cents a can. I didn't figure it was worth more than that, even though tomato soup is my favorite.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    ive been looking for a homemade tomato soup recipe that even i can do. i loooove tomato soup when it turns cold and have tried several recipes that were good, but either didnt quite ring my bell or had too many steps....i only have a few brain cells left, so i look for simple things.

here is one i tried today and thought it was perfect and will become my standard tomato soup recipe from now on. not only was it simple but it was durn good.

makes 2 servings

2T butter
    1 T flour
    2 C tomato juice
    1/2 c water ** or milk
    1-2T sugar
    1/8 t salt or to taste
    pepper to taste

on med heat melt butter and stir in flour
    slowly add tomato juice and water
    bring to a gentle boil and stir for 2 minutes
    add sugar and salt / pepper

**i added just 1 1/2 T sugar so it wouldnt be too sweet. the original recipe called for adding 3/4 cooked noodles or chunks of ham or bacon. i first tried it plain , then the second time i added some ham bits, it was good. then next time i tried adding a little bit of milk to make it creamy, that came out good too, so i guess its a forgiving recipe. for me, next time, ill be making it with milk again as that was my favorite.

ive pulled all the tomatoes and been turning them into juice to can up, and this is what i used for tomato juice. ive doubled this recipe and it came out fine. i think if its doubled it would feed 4 ppl for a soup and sandwich meal.

Thanks for sharing this. I'll be harvesting the last of my tomatoes on Thursday since we're supposed to get down to 33 Thursday night. I'd love some homemade tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.
    Do thou O Lord, protect us, guard us ever from this generation. On every side the wicked prowl as vileness is exalted among the sons of men.
    Psalm 12:7-8

In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers which confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell. —William Booth founder and general of the Salvation Army 1829-1916

I will be trying this as soon as I run out of the 3 left cases of campbells I got for .20 a can after my coupons. I can't make it that cheap I don't believe.
    "the bad thing about knowing all of this...
    you can't 'unknow' it"

God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you...Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever". (Heb. 13:5,8, NIV)

How about a hand full of instant rice? I love tomato rice soup!
    Don't wait to prep when there is an emergency - it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh19717 View Post
    I will be trying this as soon as I run out of the 3 left cases of campbells I got for .20 a can after my coupons. I can't make it that cheap I don't believe.
    I'd have stocked up on it at that price, too. Good buy!

I gotta learn how to use coupons!
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

If your tomatoes are too acidic, a touch of cream added at the end after the soup is hot is just the ticket.