Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hymns of God

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger View Post
    "The Old Account Settled"

For He washed my sins away,
    When the old account was settled long ago
    Do you create these? Some folks have the gift.

No matter.

That you are inspired to speak the words and share them with others speaks to your good character.

Thank you.

O.W.

These are some of the old songs from my songbook titled "Sing Unto The Lord". I want to introduce or re-introduce these old songs that have fallen out of favor and been replaced by New Age style of music, that is predominate in our churches today, at least in my neck of the woods.

"The Old Account" was written in 1902 by Frank M. Graham and has been enjoyed by many congregations over the years. I only included the first verse and chorus.

Blessings,
    P.S.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger
    These are some of the old songs from my songbook titled "Sing Unto The Lord". I want to introduce or re-introduce these old songs that have fallen out of favor and been replaced by New Age style of music, that is predominate in our churches today, at least in my neck of the woods.

"The Old Account" was written in 1902 by Frank M. Graham and has been enjoyed by many congregations over the years. I only included the first verse and chorus.

Blessings,
    P.S.
    I love the old songs, too. I learned to play the piano from an old hymn book. I don't care anything for all this New Age junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    I love the old songs, too. I learned to play the piano from an old hymn book. I don't care anything for all this New Age junk.
    I may need to start a new thread outlining the differences (I found) between the traditional hymns and the New Age songs, but will try not to drift this thread too much. I got a late start in life in the singing of the hymns. I learned to play the major chords on both the piano and guitar in order to accompany myself in my singing. I only accomplished this in the past few years, so it is still a work in progress.

Blessings,
    P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger
    I may need to start a new thread outlining the differences (I found) between the traditional hymns and the New Age songs, but will try not to drift this thread too much. I got a late start in life in the singing of the hymns. I learned to play the major chords on both the piano and guitar in order to accompany myself in my singing. I only accomplished this in the past few years, so it is still a work in progress.

I grew up in a traditional Baptist church. The old hymns were always sung. I learned to play the piano at an early age, but haven't played in years. The last time I sang, my pastor played his guitar and sang with me. "How Great Thou Art". We just had a praise and worship moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    I grew up in a traditional Baptist church. The old hymns were always sung. I learned to play the piano at an early age, but haven't played in years. The last time I sang, my pastor played his guitar and sang with me. "How Great Thou Art". We just had a praise and worship moment.
    That is why I am so in tune with these hymns. To say they are a blessing, is an understatement. "How Great Thou Art" is on my list of favorites, too.

... but will try not to drift this thread too much.

Blessings,
    P.S.
    Too late, my badness ... any youtube recordings?

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Too late, my badness ... any youtube recordings?

O.W.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to ding anyone. I just knew it was someone else's thread and I didn't want to drift too far away from the original premise.

There are several youtube videos, but I am so new to this, I will have to try and figure out how to embed them.

Blessings,

P.S.

There are several youtube videos, but I am so new to this, I will have to try and figure out how to embed them.

Blessings,

P.S.
    Yours? No matter ... Click to highlight the address bar of the youtube video page you want to share with us. Then in your reply window, at the top, you see all these icons to aid you in makin things appear the way you'd like. The second one from the right looks like a little bitty teeny tiny film strip, you left click on it, a window appears, you right click in the white space and select "paste" ... wah la or voila as they say in France.

Play with it, have fun.

O.W,