Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 89

Thread: hymns of God

  1. #71
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    9,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger
    I may need to start a new thread outlining the differences (I found) between the traditional hymns and the New Age songs, but will try not to drift this thread too much. I got a late start in life in the singing of the hymns. I learned to play the major chords on both the piano and guitar in order to accompany myself in my singing. I only accomplished this in the past few years, so it is still a work in progress.

    I grew up in a traditional Baptist church. The old hymns were always sung. I learned to play the piano at an early age, but haven't played in years. The last time I sang, my pastor played his guitar and sang with me. "How Great Thou Art". We just had a praise and worship moment.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lapland, TN
    Posts
    13,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger View Post
    ... but will try not to drift this thread too much.

    Blessings,
    P.S.
    Too late, my badness ... any youtube recordings?

    O.W.


  3. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Red River Valley
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    "Let The Lower Lights Be Burning"

    Brightly beams our Father's mercy From His lighthouse evermore,
    But to us He gives the keeping of the lights along the shore.

    Let the lower lights be burning! Send a gleam across the wave,
    Some poor fainting struggling seaman, You may rescue, you may save.

    Dark the night of sin has settled, Loud and angry billows roar,
    Eager eyes are watching, longing, for the lights along the shore.

    Let the lower lights be burning! Send a gleam across the wave,
    Some poor fainting, struggling seaman, You may rescue, you may save.

    Trim your feeble lamp, my brother, Some poor sailor tempest-tossed,
    Trying now to make the harbor, in the darkness may be lost.

    Let the lower lights be burning! Send a gleam across the wave,
    Some poor fainting, struggling seaman You may rescue, you may save.

    p. 108 in my "Sing Unto The Lord" hymnal

    Blessings,
    P.S.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Red River Valley
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Too late, my badness ... any youtube recordings?

    O.W.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to ding anyone. I just knew it was someone else's thread and I didn't want to drift too far away from the original premise.

    There are several youtube videos, but I am so new to this, I will have to try and figure out how to embed them.

    Blessings,

    P.S.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lapland, TN
    Posts
    13,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsalmSinger View Post
    There are several youtube videos, but I am so new to this, I will have to try and figure out how to embed them.

    Blessings,

    P.S.
    Yours? No matter ... Click to highlight the address bar of the youtube video page you want to share with us. Then in your reply window, at the top, you see all these icons to aid you in makin things appear the way you'd like. The second one from the right looks like a little bitty teeny tiny film strip, you left click on it, a window appears, you right click in the white space and select "paste" ... wah la or voila as they say in France.

    Play with it, have fun.

    O.W,


  6. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Red River Valley
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Yours? No matter ... Click to highlight the address bar of the youtube video page you want to share with us. Then in your reply window, at the top, you see all these icons to aid you in makin things appear the way you'd like. The second one from the right looks like a little bitty teeny tiny film strip, you left click on it, a window appears, you right click in the white space and select "paste" ... wah la or voila as they say in France.

    Play with it, have fun.

    O.W,
    I haven't made any youtube videos, but would like to try someday. Here goes with my first try at embedding a video. Thanks for the instructions.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Red River Valley
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherree View Post
    I grew up in a traditional Baptist church. The old hymns were always sung. I learned to play the piano at an early age, but haven't played in years. The last time I sang, my pastor played his guitar and sang with me. "How Great Thou Art". We just had a praise and worship moment.
    That is why I am so in tune with these hymns. To say they are a blessing, is an understatement. "How Great Thou Art" is on my list of favorites, too.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Red River Valley
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Red River Valley
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Yours? No matter ... Click to highlight the address bar of the youtube video page you want to share with us. Then in your reply window, at the top, you see all these icons to aid you in makin things appear the way you'd like. The second one from the right looks like a little bitty teeny tiny film strip, you left click on it, a window appears, you right click in the white space and select "paste" ... wah la or voila as they say in France.

    Play with it, have fun.

    O.W,
    Would you happen to know how to embed the video using my ipad? Apparently I'm doing something wrong. It works from my computer just fine.
    Psalms 13:6
    "I will sing unto the Lord,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me".

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NEMS
    Posts
    6,207

    Default

    Hey,

    I'm Sherree's alter ego. LOL (meaning spouse)

    Here are 2 of my favorites:

    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •