Thread: Who has Mexican Restaurant salsa recipe?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho1 View Post
    Thanks, applecider. In looking at the ingredients, I'm not sure that this would be the taste I'm searching for but it certainly is worth the try. The restaurant variety doesn't seem to have as much garlic. And, yes, I could either reduce or eliminate that to taste. We'll see.
    You clearly have NOT eaten at the local mexican resturaunts in my area not only do they love love love garlic but they are not shy with those jalepenos either!

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

There is a Food Distribution out of Landover Maryland that has been around for some decades. They sell Salsa that is sent west.

To this day I can never remember this distributor. A extra case or two kept us well supplied then.

Here it's Rotel by the can and whatever else you can throw in there. Not much, but it works.
    I have decided the Tree is now infested with Trolls intent on destroying anyone who dares talk openly on these forums.

I will no longer be posting or logging on to the tree. My time is over here.

Some of you will celebrate. I will not be around to hear of it.

Good day.

Well, being from Texas - we LOVE Tex-Mex ...this is our favorite

1 28oz can tomatoes
    1/2 med onion
    handful of cilantro
    3-6 cloves garlic (start with a little and work your way up)
    3-5 jalapenos (same as above)
    2-4 serrano peppers (same as above)
    juice from 1/2 lime (give or take - I like lime)
    1/2 - 1 teaspoon cumin
    salt and black pepper to taste

Mix all in a blender and enjoy. We always play with amount because peppers are never exactly the same heat, etc.

This was a spin off from a salsa recipe published in the FW Star Telegram several years back that my husband and I LOVE. We take it to parties and it's always GONE.
    Deuteronomy 6:5-7 And thou shalt love YHWH thy Elohim with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.