Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 100

Thread: World Net Daily Introduces “Mainstream Christians” to Their Hebrew Roots:

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    Nope, this was sent out to all WND newsletter subscribers.

    OK, thank you for clarifying that for me!


    Nope again. If you followed Staley's services online, you would know that there are at least two Christian TV networks that want to start broadcasting him on Sunday morning television, and he needs equipment for that. It's all about the message going out to as many people as possible. TV is one of the best ways to do that. That is what he is trying to raise funds for, not some half-cocked C&D letter from a corrupt politician like Carnahan.
    I do not watch Staley's services online because I do not follow nor agree w/what he espouses. I've read some of these threads as well as threads at another board. I've watched at least 2 pod casts/videos of Staley's. There are several HR teachers and I've watched some of theirs, like Bill Cloud. What they are saying is intriguing, that's for sure. However, as I compared what was being taught to what I know from the whole Bible, I realized they are so far off base that these people are false teachers. I steer waaaay clear of that stuff.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Give you a break? LOL! Did one of "us" click you into this thread???

    Too funny!

    Al, I watched your video clip about your Sukkot celebration. Very cool! It seems to me in reading through these threads (they are very intriguing), you come across pretty strong/argumentative. It was neat seeing a different side of you! I'm not trying to diss you...you just seem to be one of the more "strongly vocal" people in these threads.... I think the Sukkot celebration is beautiful.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Where the dead vote
    Posts
    11,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Give you a break? LOL! Did one of "us" click you into this thread???

    Too funny!

    Ahhh...so in not answering my question I kinda discern you DO NOT REALLY adhere to what you espouse. So, by your actions you are NOT Jewish. Good to know some reality of your 'gentile-ness' is evident in your actions.

    I also noticed how you conveniently tried to avoid the guilt of Passion For Truth minister, Jim Staley. Now lets see....what was the Jewish custom for other Jews who bilked their community members out of their hard earned monies ???
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.




  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    I'm not 'mocking,' just trying to find out WHICH day us non-HRM people can expect a relief/break from you guys posting as I'd expect since you've become 'Jewish' and practice all they did in the OT, WHAT day you guys really, REALLY adhere to what you espouse and give the rest of us a break on a specific day?
    Not mocking... yeah right. I've read your posts on another forum. You're a big time mocker and scoffer. What people see here is just the version of you that won't get banned.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    I'm not 'mocking,' just trying to find out WHICH day us non-HRM people can expect a relief/break from you guys posting as I'd expect since you've become 'Jewish' and practice all they did in the OT, WHAT day you guys really, REALLY adhere to what you espouse and give the rest of us a break on a specific day?
    Here is EXACTLY what disturbs me about the Hebrew Roots theology....."you've become Jewish." I have run across something called Karaite (sp?) Judiasm and a guy who runs a site "Karaite Korner." His name is Nehemiah Gordon. THIS IS SCARY. They blatantly state that Jesus IS/WAS NOT THE MESSIAH and they REJECT the New Testament. On top of that, people like Monte Judah, Eddie Chumney, Brad Scott....they would appear to have some sort of affiliation with Gordon. This was the straw that broke the camels back in my research into Hebrew Roots. Many mainstream Hebrew Roots followers claim to be Christians. But, if your teacher is aligning himself with someone like Gordon, you've lost me - if you follow someone like this Gordon guy, you are NOT a Christian.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    OK. This IS bothersome. I just ran a search on Nehemiah Gordon and various HR teachers. I found this Hebraic Roots Index page.

    http://thekeyofknowledge.net/IndRoots.html

    Gordon's Karaite Korner is listed on here, as well as the names (and ministries) I posted above plus a lot more. Including James Staley. So, this leads me to wonder. Do you think being included on a list like this makes you "guilty by association" somehow? I mean, if I considered myself a Christian as well as a Hebrew Roots follower, I'd be disturbed to see my teacher's name affiliated or found on the same page as Nehemiah Gordon's.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    2,497

    Default

    To me, an index is an index...a listing...and not necessarily an endorsement of the services of those listed in the index.

    Example: Just because my name appears in the same phone book as the local abortuary doesn't NOT mean I approve of abortions. The phone book is nothing more than an index. So, why would a person be upset if their favorite Christian Pastor is listed among an index of Christian ministries????

    I'm trying to make sense of your post Watchin and Waitin...but it's not happening for me. It seems you are saying two different things so I'm not sure of your point.

    If a ministry you don't like makes a list which includes a ministry you do like..why would you be upset?

    Second Question:
    I looked at the C&D order against Jim Staley, and to me it looks as though Jin Staley is being penalized for failure to make a profit. Not all businesses profit! Anytime you take on a business and are putting out money to invest in that business, you are taking a risk, and you can loose your shirt. Investors know this prior to investing. There really doesn't seem to be enough information there for an individual to make any judgments against Mr. Staley except for the fact that fines and penalties are imposed upon him, because his business failed.

    Welcome to the new America! wow..business sometimes fails! I also see where he's accused of not having licensing for something. But, the document fails to prove whether or not Mr. Staley knew that that particular license was required, or whether it was arbitrairly fostered, after the fact.

    I've listened to a few of Mr. Staley's youtubes, and I've listened to a few others as well. I've not decided yet which of them I like the best. But, I have a feeling that if there is dirt associated with him, WND will find it out...better yet, I'm sure that they did exactly that before promoting him in any fashion. I certainly wouldn't want MY business associated with unethical conduct, and I seriously doubt WND wants it either. They want to make a profit, too!

    I've read WND off and on for over 10 years and it's been my observation that Mr. Farrah exposes dirt. He and his organization must be above reproach themselves to survive that kind of business, because it makes a lot of enemies.

    As for Mr. Gordon...I'm not sure if I'm familiar with his ministry or not. If it's the one I think it is, I don't care for what they preach, either. By the same token, there are and have been professing Christian ministries that strike me as false, also. I won't list them here.

    Ultimately, as with all preachers, one must be sure to test the teaching against the word. If our personal understanding of the word is flawed, so will our conclusions be, despite how true we want to think our understanding is or how good our intentions are, we may be mistaken. In that case, all the howling in the word against a particular preacher is going to do nothing more than destroy one's own credibility.

    Be very careful and wary about what you say (tearing him down) about a brother in Messiah, and how you say it. You could be very mistaken, and not realize it, yet.
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Watchin' and Waitin' View Post
    OK. This IS bothersome. I just ran a search on Nehemiah Gordon and various HR teachers. I found this Hebraic Roots Index page.

    http://thekeyofknowledge.net/IndRoots.html

    Gordon's Karaite Korner is listed on here, as well as the names (and ministries) I posted above plus a lot more. Including James Staley. So, this leads me to wonder. Do you think being included on a list like this makes you "guilty by association" somehow? I mean, if I considered myself a Christian as well as a Hebrew Roots follower, I'd be disturbed to see my teacher's name affiliated or found on the same page as Nehemiah Gordon's.
    I have no idea who runs that index page, nor is it relevant to anything. Nehemia Gordon is a Karaite Jew, which basically means he's OT only, no traditions of the elders, no Talmud, etc. He makes no bones about that, and doesn't pretend to be a Christian teacher. He is one of the world's foremost Hebrew scholars, and both Christians and Jews look to him as a linguistics expert.

    Some small minded people would reject everything he says simply because he's not a Christian, to which I say "Would you reject a cavity diagnosis from an atheist dentist simply because he doesn't believe in Jesus?". It's just as dumb to do that to Mr. Gordon.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    I have no idea who runs that index page, nor is it relevant to anything. Nehemia Gordon is a Karaite Jew, which basically means he's OT only, no traditions of the elders, no Talmud, etc. He makes no bones about that, and doesn't pretend to be a Christian teacher. He is one of the world's foremost Hebrew scholars, and both Christians and Jews look to him as a linguistics expert.

    Some small minded people would reject everything he says simply because he's not a Christian, to which I say "Would you reject a cavity diagnosis from an atheist dentist simply because he doesn't believe in Jesus?". It's just as dumb to do that to Mr. Gordon.

    I guess as a follower of Jesus, I'd definitely flee from someone who rejects that Jesus is the Messiah and totally disregards the New Testament. I don't want to play with fire. I don't care how much of a Hebrew scholar he is. It's not being small minded or "dumb." I see it as using discernment.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    I have no idea who runs that index page, nor is it relevant to anything. Nehemia Gordon is a Karaite Jew, which basically means he's OT only, no traditions of the elders, no Talmud, etc. He makes no bones about that, and doesn't pretend to be a Christian teacher. He is one of the world's foremost Hebrew scholars, and both Christians and Jews look to him as a linguistics expert.

    Some small minded people would reject everything he says simply because he's not a Christian, to which I say "Would you reject a cavity diagnosis from an atheist dentist simply because he doesn't believe in Jesus?". It's just as dumb to do that to Mr. Gordon.
    Let me ask you this....if there was a Christian conference of some kind, would you agree to participate as a speaker if someone like Rick Warren, Benny Hinn, or Joyce Meyers were featured speakers?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •