Quote Originally Posted by Watchin' and Waitin' View Post
OK. This IS bothersome. I just ran a search on Nehemiah Gordon and various HR teachers. I found this Hebraic Roots Index page.

http://thekeyofknowledge.net/IndRoots.html

Gordon's Karaite Korner is listed on here, as well as the names (and ministries) I posted above plus a lot more. Including James Staley. So, this leads me to wonder. Do you think being included on a list like this makes you "guilty by association" somehow? I mean, if I considered myself a Christian as well as a Hebrew Roots follower, I'd be disturbed to see my teacher's name affiliated or found on the same page as Nehemiah Gordon's.
I have no idea who runs that index page, nor is it relevant to anything. Nehemia Gordon is a Karaite Jew, which basically means he's OT only, no traditions of the elders, no Talmud, etc. He makes no bones about that, and doesn't pretend to be a Christian teacher. He is one of the world's foremost Hebrew scholars, and both Christians and Jews look to him as a linguistics expert.

Some small minded people would reject everything he says simply because he's not a Christian, to which I say "Would you reject a cavity diagnosis from an atheist dentist simply because he doesn't believe in Jesus?". It's just as dumb to do that to Mr. Gordon.