Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Net Daily Introduces “Mainstream Christians” to Their Hebrew Roots:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    I have no idea who runs that index page, nor is it relevant to anything. Nehemia Gordon is a Karaite Jew, which basically means he's OT only, no traditions of the elders, no Talmud, etc. He makes no bones about that, and doesn't pretend to be a Christian teacher. He is one of the world's foremost Hebrew scholars, and both Christians and Jews look to him as a linguistics expert.

Some small minded people would reject everything he says simply because he's not a Christian, to which I say "Would you reject a cavity diagnosis from an atheist dentist simply because he doesn't believe in Jesus?". It's just as dumb to do that to Mr. Gordon.

I guess as a follower of Jesus, I'd definitely flee from someone who rejects that Jesus is the Messiah and totally disregards the New Testament. I don't want to play with fire. I don't care how much of a Hebrew scholar he is. It's not being small minded or "dumb." I see it as using discernment.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchin' and Waitin' View Post
    I guess as a follower of Jesus, I'd definitely flee from someone who rejects that Jesus is the Messiah and totally disregards the New Testament. I don't want to play with fire. I don't care how much of a Hebrew scholar he is. It's not being small minded or "dumb." I see it as using discernment.
    Agree. I am not going to a dentist that denies Jesus is the Messiah and sure not going to STUDY what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by preparinginidaho View Post
    Agree. I am not going to a dentist that denies Jesus is the Messiah and sure not going to STUDY what they say.

Thank goodness we're not talking about dentists! I sure go to my dentist for spiritual teachings!

Thank goodness we're not talking about dentists! I sure go to my dentist for spiritual teachings!
    Hey now...my chiropractor is a great spiritual teacher!
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    Hey now...my chiropractor is a great spiritual teacher!

That's fine and dandy.

No Christian goes to Nehemia Gordon for spiritual teachings, at least that I've ever heard of. He is purely a Hebrew expert and Jewish historian, nothing more.

What, Jews are disqualified from teaching us history and linguistics now? How racist can you get?

No Christian goes to Nehemia Gordon for spiritual teachings, at least that I've ever heard of. He is purely a Hebrew expert and Jewish historian, nothing more.

What, Jews are disqualified from teaching us history and linguistics now? How racist can you get?

Excuse me? I'm not sure, but I think you just called me a racist. Don't even go there. Get rid of the bug-eyed faces and grow up.

Excuse me? I'm not sure, but I think you just called me a racist. Don't even go there. Get rid of the bug-eyed faces and grow up.
    I didn't call you anything. I said that refusing to listen to an expert in a field based solely upon his race/religion is racist. I misspoke though; "bigoted" is the word I was really looking for.

I didn't call you anything. I said that refusing to listen to an expert in a field based solely upon his race/religion is racist. I misspoke though; "bigoted" is the word I was really looking for.
    LOL! And PEOPLE....here you see the fruit - the stinky fruit of 'some' people in the Hebrew Roots Movement who just 'spread the love.' I hope World Net Daily understands the stinky fruit they are aligning themselves with. I wonder if World Net Daily knows about Jim Staley, minister of Passion For Truth and how the state of Missouri found him guilty of bilking investors and fined him.
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by preparinginidaho View Post
    So you only go to Christian doctors, nurses, hardware stores, investment advisers, lawnmowers, landscapers, etc etc etc.?

How are you pulling that off?