Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Net Daily Introduces “Mainstream Christians” to Their Hebrew Roots:

Default World Net Daily Introduces “Mainstream Christians” to Their Hebrew Roots:

for those that like WND and Jim Staley and for those that don't

World Net Daily
    Introduces “Mainstream Christians” to Their Hebrew Roots:
    Local Pastor Receives National Attention
    St. Louis, MO – In an unprecedented endorsement, Joseph Farah, Founder and CEO of World Net Daily (the largest independant news organization in the world), recently sent a newsletter highlighting the teachings of local pastor to over 250,000 of the WND’s most active followers (see attached). In it, he writes: “Jim Staley is a new and exciting national voice and Bible teacher… I never miss any teaching he gives. I highly recommend you check all his materials.”
    This newsletter, which includes links to 7 of Jim Staley’s DVD teachings, represents a powerful vote of confidence for a local pastor with a big vision. According to their website, “Passion For Truth Ministries was birthed out of a personal need and desire to want to know the Truth of the scriptures from the perspective of the ones who wrote them, instead of the perspective of the Greek ‘church fathers’ or western-American denominationalism. Through the weekly live stream, DVD teachings, and local and national conferences, it is the goal of this ministry “to be a light to the nations by teaching them the path of Torah through the Spirit of Yeshua (Jesus)”.

Pastor Staley explains that Joseph Farah’s support is humbling because it represents a substantial step of faith on his part. According to Pastor Staley, Farah has seen some backlash since he sent the newsletter. “They have received letters, emails and phone calls asking them not to support the Hebrew Roots movement or our ministry. But WND is resolved to press ahead to use their influence to impact the world with the message we carry. This exposure represents a major confirmation that the Hebraic perspective is relevant and it is my hope that recipients will cast aside their presumptions for a discerning curiosity for the Truth. I believe that we are on the verge of a global revival of our ancient Hebrew Root”, says Staley.

Founded in 2004, Passion for Truth Ministries is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. Along with the DVD and conference ministries, Passion for Truth has a local Fellowship which meets each Saturday at 1402 S. First Capitol Dr., St. Charles, MO 63303.
    For more information about Passion for Truth Ministries or to schedule an interview with Pastor Staley, please contact info@passionfortruth.com or call 888-900-BIBLE (2425).

There is no doubt that PFT’s partnership with WND will mean great things for this movement and like Joseph Farah, we are proud here at PFT to call Jim Staley our Pastor/Teacher and Shepherd.

To see the actual newsletter from WND featuring Pastor Jim and PFT, click here: http://www.passionfortruth.com/wnd

To View More Teachings

With all the glory going to the FAther, Passion for Truth Ministries has become the #1 most listened to podcast in all of Christianity on the world's largest podcasting site (Podomatic) and also has a very dynamic YouTube Channel that features all of Jim's teachings.
    Latest Teaching:
    The Organizational Structure of the First Century Church Pt. 1
    The "Chet" Connection

Way to go, Joseph Farah!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    Way to go, Joseph Farah!
    that's what I say

here's the original interview for those that missed it./.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g20P_...layer_embedded

Now, Skyking, is that some kind of made up press release? I don't see that that actually appeared as an article anywhere. If I'm wrong, would you please post a link to where this was published.

In following some posts over at another board, it would appear that Staley has found himself in quite a serious legal bind.

The following is a:
    FINAL ORDER TO CEASE AND DESIST AND ORDER IMPOSING CIVIL PENALTIES AND COSTS AS TO ALL RESPONDENTS, DISGORGEMENT AS TO RESPONDENTS JAMES STALEY AND WEALTH FINANCIAL INTERNATIONAL, LLC, AND RESTITUTION AS TO RESPONDENTS B&B EQUITY GROUP, LLC a/k/a B$B EQUITY GROUP, LLC a/k/a B and B EQUITY GROUP, ROBERT KOPPEL, GLOBAL EQUITY RESOURCES, LLC, GLOBAL EQUITY PRESERVATION, INC. a/k/a GLOBAL EQUITY PRESERVATION TRUST, AND ROBERT L. EBERLE

http://www.sos.mo.gov/securities/orders/AP-09-14a.asp

It looks like Staley was spared the really big restitution fine of over 2.5 MILLION dollars, but he's still on the hook personally for $364,000; his LLC for another $12,000. When you read through the document, you realize just how serious this situation is. Staley has 30 days to pay the fines/restitution or it WILL get turned over to the Missouri Attorney General's office.

In Staley's interview with Joseph Farrah, there was quite the financial plea to support his ministry. It makes one wonder if this is why.

-W&W

Quote Originally Posted by Watchin' and Waitin' View Post
    Now, Skyking, is that some kind of made up press release? I don't see that that actually appeared as an article anywhere. If I'm wrong, would you please post a link to where this was published.

-W&W
    Nope, this was sent out to all WND newsletter subscribers.

In Staley's interview with Joseph Farrah, there was quite the financial plea to support his ministry. It makes one wonder if this is why.
    Nope again. If you followed Staley's services online, you would know that there are at least two Christian TV networks that want to start broadcasting him on Sunday morning television, and he needs equipment for that. It's all about the message going out to as many people as possible. TV is one of the best ways to do that. That is what he is trying to raise funds for, not some half-cocked C&D letter from a corrupt politician like Carnahan.

It sounds like the link W&W provided is not some
    half-cocked C&D letter from a corrupt politician like Carnahan.
    but the Missouri Secretary of State. Interesting!

My grandfather had a saying, "If you can't trust 'em with your money, you can't trust 'em!" No wonder..
    there was quite the financial plea to support his ministry.
    If I had a $376K bill to pay to the government, I'd be pleaing for money too! Sure hope he's not using Passion For Truth's member's monies to pay his debts.
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    It sounds like the link W&W provided is not some
    but the Missouri Secretary of State. Interesting!

My grandfather had a saying, "If you can't trust 'em with your money, you can't trust 'em!" No wonder.. If I had a $376K bill to pay to the government, I'd be pleaing for money too! Sure hope he's not using Passion For Truth's member's monies to pay his debts.
    Carnahan IS the MO Secretary of State...

Oopsie.

You can take your Jim Staley hating rants elsewhere.

Since I am wholly a Celt, Gael, Briton, Pict, Dál Riatan, etc of Northwest Europe, and of Southeastern Europe before that, I have no claim to Hebrew roots.

My ancestors were Pagans.

Only when the chieftain of my of maternal and paternal clans converted, in hopes of gaining sway over a rival clan (probably concerning sheep, pasture, or a girl), did Christianity come to the forefront during the middle ages.

I don't pretend to be something that I'm not.

Now, who would like to paint my nether regions blue?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    Carnahan IS the MO Secretary of State...

Oopsie.

You can take your Jim Staley hating rants elsewhere.
    Wow Anonymous..... so TRUTH about someone's Bernie-Madoff-Type-Actions equals Hate? Jesus was ALL ABOUT the truth so I would think as followers of the Messiah, so would you all....even if it leaves Staley's character (and his trustworthiness) as questionable. Was he a practicing Passion For Truth leader while he committed these financial crimes?

Carnahan may be the SOS but what is posted about Staley - the ramifications of his actions - are not Carnahan's words....they are the transcripts from his very long trial and the consequence of Staley's nefarious actions.
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    My ancestors were Pagans.

I don't pretend to be something that I'm not.
    I'm pretty sure my ancestors were pagan too Chicom....which makes my conversion to Christ and Christianity much more miraculous!

Eh...I've read about what they believe and I've read a good year of their posts to questions and criticisms and a large chunk of them (not all) are 'nasty.' I figure when you're that nasty and attacking, it's best to 'pretend' to be something else...something that seems nicer and more devout than their posts advertise. Like little Billy who doans a Superman costume on Halloween who runs around the house declaring he IS Superman, I take many of the HRM people doing the same and just nod my head, say, "That's nice ," and move on.