Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: World Net Daily Introduces “Mainstream Christians” to Their Hebrew Roots:

Quote Originally Posted by Kathe View Post
    But please refrain from telling others that they are Jewish for wanting to be obedient to Yahweh. To me it is one of the worst things you can call me.
    I find it sad that "Jewish" is one of the worst things a person can be called. Jewish people died trying to keep the covenant and Torah while the church tried to wipe them out. Not keeping Torah is what got the Jewish people in trouble, yet the church spends millions of dollars a year to try to get Jews to not keep Torah. So, "Jewish" is a bad word and "Christian" is good? We need to stop with the emotionally charged labels and educate ourselves, get to basics. There are wonderful Jews and wonderful Christians, there are Jews who don't live a righteous life, just like Christians... and there are Christians who really are Jews, but don't know it... yet. Can't imagine how shocked some of them will be when they find out because they are so full of animosity towards the Jewish people ...

I must be missing something here, maybe you can help me out? My Bible speaks of "the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan" (Rev. 2:9) but I can't seem to fine any mention of anyone being Jewish and not knowing it. Where would I find that?
    "The employment of the piano is forbidden in church, as is also that of noisy frivolous instruments such as drums, cymbals, bells and the like." St. Pius X

Quote Originally Posted by Watchin' and Waitin' View Post
    Here is EXACTLY what disturbs me about the Hebrew Roots theology....."you've become Jewish." I have run across something called Karaite (sp?) Judiasm and a guy who runs a site "Karaite Korner." His name is Nehemiah Gordon. THIS IS SCARY. They blatantly state that Jesus IS/WAS NOT THE MESSIAH and they REJECT the New Testament. On top of that, people like Monte Judah, Eddie Chumney, Brad Scott....they would appear to have some sort of affiliation with Gordon. This was the straw that broke the camels back in my research into Hebrew Roots. Many mainstream Hebrew Roots followers claim to be Christians. But, if your teacher is aligning himself with someone like Gordon, you've lost me - if you follow someone like this Gordon guy, you are NOT a Christian.
    So many misunderstandings out there about HR. And so many false teachers within the HR "movement". Studying the culture of the first century is a tool by which we can more fully understand scripture. The problem arises when people see the culture as the GOAL and try to become Jewish, rather than seeing the study of the culture as a TOOL.

I have listened to many of these teachers. There are plenty that I will not listen to anymore because they are either trying to make their congregation Jewish, or their character does not line up with their teaching, or they simply go off and get caught up in the Kabbalah etc...

I do not discount the truth that I have found within the teachings however. My DH and I have been seriously studying this stuff for about 5 years now, and heavily studying scripture to see if it lines up with the basic tenants of the HR teachings, for about 2 years now.

Are there "wolves" and false teachers in the HR movement? Absolutely!! But, there are also the same things in the Modern Christian church. Do you deny your faith because of these people and their teachings? You should not throw the baby out with the bath water in regards to truth, ever.

Nehemiah Gordon, IMO, is a wolf. He is earning a living going around to believing assemblies and trying to tell us what to believe about our Messiah. Ridiculous. Besides, he is arrogant, rude and condescending. He looks at us believers in the Messiah as "dirty Goyim". Words from his own lips. He became popular with believers as a result of his first book "The Hebrew Yeshua vs. The Greek Jesus". I appreciated gaining understanding of what Rabbinic Judaism really looked like from his book. It's no different than the catholic faith in very many respects. The rabbis believe that God is subject to their interpretation of the scriptures in the same way that the Pope and the catholic church believe that God is subject to their interpretations.

The error that many Christians make is believing Jews when they say there are 613 commandments… and most Christians do not understand that Jews do not keep Torah… they obey the Rabbis and they study the rabbinical writings. According to the Misnah Tractate Shabbat 135: 5

“The carrying out of an article of food the size of a dried fig makes one liable”.

Seriously? Where is that in Torah?

This is no joke – this is Rabbinical (Pharisaical) Judaism. This is “Orthodox” Judaism today. It is nothing to be enamored by. No more so than anomian (anti-Torah) Christianity with it paganism.

I always have to laugh when I hear Christians say “‘Jews keep the Old Testament”. We know Jews don’t keep the Torah. They obey the commandments in the Talmud (the Mishnah and Gemarah), the Pirkei Avos, Shulchan Aruch, the Tanya, the Zohar … ect. These are the “heavy burdens” of the Pharisees. And worse, all of these additions and subtractions are a direct violation of Deuteronomy 4:2:

Do not add to the Word which I command you, and do not take away from it1, so as to guard the commands of Yahweh your Elohim which I am commanding you.
    And just in case the Rabbis missed it in Duet 4:2:

All the words I am commanding you, guard to do it – do not add to it nor take away from it Deut 12:32

To be fair, Christianity has done the exact same thing with their venerated “Church Fathers” telling people to “sin and sin boldly”. And what I see the Christian church guilty is the taking away from words of the book. We have realized in our studies that the church leaves out HUGE amounts of scripture.

"I shall not be a victim. I shall not be a perpetrator. Above all, I shall not be a bystander."

Very well stated, thanks Babs.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

“[It is He] Who has qualified us [making us to be fit and worthy and sufficient] as ministers and dispensers of a new covenant [of salvation through Christ], not [ministers] of the letter (of legally written code) but of the Spirit; for the code [of the Law] kills, but the [Holy] Spirit makes alive.” 2 Corinthians 3:6 AMP

Quote Originally Posted by tygerkittn View Post
    “[It is He] Who has qualified us [making us to be fit and worthy and sufficient] as ministers and dispensers of a new covenant [of salvation through Christ], not [ministers] of the letter (of legally written code) but of the Spirit; for the code [of the Law] kills, but the [Holy] Spirit makes alive.” 2 Corinthians 3:6 AMP
    Do you know that the Gospel was preached to the children in the wilderness?

Which law is it that kills?
    Last edited by Babs; 11-14-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: spelling

"I shall not be a victim. I shall not be a perpetrator. Above all, I shall not be a bystander."

Quote Originally Posted by labellavita View Post
    I find it sad that "Jewish" is one of the worst things a person can be called. Jewish people died trying to keep the covenant and Torah while the church tried to wipe them out. Not keeping Torah is what got the Jewish people in trouble, yet the church spends millions of dollars a year to try to get Jews to not keep Torah. So, "Jewish" is a bad word and "Christian" is good? We need to stop with the emotionally charged labels and educate ourselves, get to basics. There are wonderful Jews and wonderful Christians, there are Jews who don't live a righteous life, just like Christians... and there are Christians who really are Jews, but don't know it... yet. Can't imagine how shocked some of them will be when they find out because they are so full of animosity towards the Jewish people ...

No kidding.
    Threads are good to see who comes out of the woodwork, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post

Which law is it that kills?
    The law of sin and death. Certainly not the Torah. The Torah means instruction.

Psalm 119:44-45 So I will keep Your Torah continually, forever and ever.
    And I will walk at liberty, for I seek Your precepts.

There have been some utterly horrible accusations made against some brothers in the Lord. Bearing false witness is one of the worst things any of us can do to another human being regardless of who they are, or what they believe.

I've compiled this short list of three who have been mentioned in this thread. All three of these men teach Y'shuah as Messiah, but all three were condemned, because they happen to know another man who has not yet come to Yeshuah.

And a 4th was accused of being a thief despite the fact thatthis issue been spoken about on more than one occasion at this forum. Rather than tear that man down publicly, how about contacting him to learn how it turned out? That way, you won't look like a fool perpetuating something you don't know the outcome of ?????

I've included the links to the websites of each of these individuals so that you can look at their material first hand. Just because it differs from what your church background teaches, doesn't mean that what you've learned is correct. Nor does it mean that all of what you've learned is wrong, either.

There are 33 thousand “Christian” denominations out there. Would you like to tell me which one of them is 100% correct? Because if only ONE of them is absolutely correct, that means that 32,999 are wrong. And chances are, you belong to one of the wrong ones. There can only be ONE right one. And chances are, if you are a 'christian', it means your church started sometime in the last 2,000 years, but what G-D started was closer to 6000 years ago. And he hasn't give up ...yet.

Lion and Lamb Ministries
    Monte Judah

Shalom & Welcome

Lion and Lamb Ministries is a non-profit, international teaching ministry with a mission to encourage believers of Yeshua the Messiah through the observance of Torah, Sabbath, and the Biblical Festivals. We also believe that we are the last generation and will see the return of our Messiah to this Earth where He will rule from Jerusalem. We hope you have a blessed day. Shalom!
    http://lionlamb.net/v3/

Wild Branch Ministries
    Brad Scott
    http://www.wildbranch.org/

About Us

This ministry is based upon Romans Chapter 11. YHWH has reached out to the nations and grafted wild branches from among the nations into the natural olive tree. The natural olive tree is the covenant people of YHWH, beginning with the seed of the woman in Bere'shiyt (Genesis) 3:15. The natural and wild branches share a common root and both take their nutrition and sustenance from this very old natural tree. We, as wild branches, have been grafted in, contrary to our nature, a nature that has been mixed with the ways of the nations.

The organized Christian church has, for two millennia, cut herself off from her roots. The modern church has, instead, planted an entirely new tree. This tree has rejected the fruit of YHWH's feasts, His Shabbat, His Torah, His dietary laws, and even His Name.

The WildBranch focus is to restore the ways of our Creator to His people by teaching the Old and New Testaments from the language and culture of the people who penned them. The New Testament is crammed full of idioms, phrases, and concepts known to the observant Jew (Yehudim) living in the time of Yeshua's ministry, but unfamiliar to modern readers. The Scriptures must be read through the eyes and minds of the culture in which it was written.

Eddie Chumney
    http://www.hebroots.com/yeshuathemessiah.htm

Here is the sales pitch for one of his DVD's
    This DVD series reveals Yeshua in the entire Bible (Psalm 40:7, Luke 24:44). Yeshua is in the Torah. He created the heavens and earth, made covenant with Abraham, led the children of Israel out of Egypt, gave the Torah at Mount Sinai, is the bridegroom of Israel and the glory of God that filled the tabernacle. Yeshua died on the tree to unite the twelve tribes of Israel (John 10:16-17, 11:49-52). Yeshua will gather the twelve tribes of Israel during the tribulation period and be glorified. He will reign during the Messianic Era as King over the whole earth teaching the Torah to all nations. While revealing Yeshua from Genesis to Revelation, this DVD series also teaches the basic principles of the Hebraic roots of Christianity, including who is the house of Jacob, Torah is for all believers in Yeshua, and Two Houses and the New Testament. Finally, this DVD series gives a Hebraic perspective of the end of days. In all, twelve hours of power packed teaching!
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

Quote Originally Posted by labellavita View Post
    +1
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore