Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World Net Daily Introduces “Mainstream Christians” to Their Hebrew Roots:

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymousCoward View Post
    Nope, this was sent out to all WND newsletter subscribers.

Nope again. If you followed Staley's services online, you would know that there are at least two Christian TV networks that want to start broadcasting him on Sunday morning television, and he needs equipment for that. It's all about the message going out to as many people as possible. TV is one of the best ways to do that. That is what he is trying to raise funds for, not some half-cocked C&D letter from a corrupt politician like Carnahan.
    Hey Anonymous...aren't you supposed to be adhering to your 'Sabbath Rest' on Saturdays? If so, what are you doing on a computer in a forum, posting on a Saturday? Would the high priests buck their Sabbath Rest and post on a forum? I think not.
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    Hey Anonymous...aren't you supposed to be adhering to your 'Sabbath Rest' on Saturdays? If so, what are you doing on a computer in a forum, posting on a Saturday? Would the high priests buck their Sabbath Rest and post on a forum? I think not.
    Hey Buick, aren't you supposed to be a "loving Christian"? If so, what are you doing mocking your brother in Christ's beliefs on God's holy day? Would Jesus be doing that? I think not.

First of all, you are speaking of HIS sabbath...the Author of the 4th. commandment.

Secondly, do you have Scripture that forbids posting in a religious forum on sabbath?

Or, is that a pharisee speaking?

Pro 14:12 There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

That way, the way that seems right but leads to death, is works or keeping of the law. Jesus freed us and within a few years Rome dragged us right back into a different sort of law keeping. Martin Luther pointed us back to the freedom found only in Jesus Christ and, before he was even dead, others came along with more rules and regulations. Now comes this Hebrew Roots mess, mostly for those who reject Rome's laws, with their own set of laws to keep.

Boiled down there are only two religions in the entire world. You earn your way to heaven or paradise by following the rules or you accept the free gift of salvation paid by the blood of Jesus Christ. It just doesn't feel right to think there is nothing you can do to save yourself. After all, you're a good person and you have things you can bring to the table, there must be something you can do. That's why these other religions are so popular but the end result will be the same for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbandit View Post
    Pro 14:12 There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

That way, the way that seems right but leads to death, is works or keeping of the law. Jesus freed us and within a few years Rome dragged us right back into a different sort of law keeping. Martin Luther pointed us back to the freedom found only in Jesus Christ and, before he was even dead, others came along with more rules and regulations. Now comes this Hebrew Roots mess, mostly for those who reject Rome's laws, with their own set of laws to keep.

Boiled down there are only two religions in the entire world. You earn your way to heaven or paradise by following the rules or you accept the free gift of salvation paid by the blood of Jesus Christ. It just doesn't feel right to think there is nothing you can do to save yourself. After all, you're a good person and you have things you can bring to the table, there must be something you can do. That's why these other religions are so popular but the end result will be the same for all of them.
    Do you refrain from adultery and telling lies? I guess you're working for your salvation then.

Do you refrain from adultery and telling lies? I guess you're working for your salvation then.
    Either you don't understand or your a troll. Accepting your question in the most favorable light I'll attempt to give you an answer.

Jesus clearly stated that he didn't come to destroy the law but only its eternal effects. Sin is still sin and we all sin in one way or another every day. I usually have a handful under my belt before getting out of bed in the morning and any one of them would be grounds for eternal damnation. The punishment for those sins has already been placed on the Person of Jesus Christ and paid for with His blood. There is nothing I can do in my mortal body to stop sinning and there is nothing I can do to pay for the consequences so I gave it all to Jesus. Now, I may try to avoid things I know are sinful but I'm not too good at that. My feeble efforts however are a result of what Jesus has done for me not in any way an attempt to gain favor because of how good I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbandit View Post
    Either you don't understand or your a troll. Accepting your question in the most favorable light I'll attempt to give you an answer.

Jesus clearly stated that he didn't come to destroy the law but only its eternal effects. Sin is still sin and we all sin in one way or another every day. I usually have a handful under my belt before getting out of bed in the morning and any one of them would be grounds for eternal damnation. The punishment for those sins has already been placed on the Person of Jesus Christ and paid for with His blood. There is nothing I can do in my mortal body to stop sinning and there is nothing I can do to pay for the consequences so I gave it all to Jesus. Now, I may try to avoid things I know are sinful but I'm not too good at that. My feeble efforts however are a result of what Jesus has done for me not in any way an attempt to gain favor because of how good I am.
    So why then do you condemn those who keep the Sabbath as "working for salvation"?

So why then do you condemn those who keep the Sabbath as "working for salvation"?
    For Christians keeping of the Sabbath, or following any other law, is adaphoria (it matters not). As a means of salvation it becomes "works" which we are warned against. As a consequence of salvation it may be considered worship. Only those who are trying to earn their salvation through their own works are condemned. Worship can take many forms, some quite unique.

Hey Buick, aren't you supposed to be a "loving Christian"? If so, what are you doing mocking your brother in Christ's beliefs on God's holy day? Would Jesus be doing that? I think not.
    I'm not 'mocking,' just trying to find out WHICH day us non-HRM people can expect a relief/break from you guys posting as I'd expect since you've become 'Jewish' and practice all they did in the OT, WHAT day you guys really, REALLY adhere to what you espouse and give the rest of us a break on a specific day?
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

I'm not 'mocking,' just trying to find out WHICH day us non-HRM people can expect a relief/break from you guys posting as I'd expect since you've become 'Jewish' and practice all they did in the OT, WHAT day you guys really, REALLY adhere to what you espouse and give the rest of us a break on a specific day?

Give you a break? LOL! Did one of "us" click you into this thread???

Too funny!