Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: World Net Daily Introduces “Mainstream Christians” to Their Hebrew Roots:

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbandit View Post
    Either you don't understand or your a troll. Accepting your question in the most favorable light I'll attempt to give you an answer.

Jesus clearly stated that he didn't come to destroy the law but only its eternal effects. Sin is still sin and we all sin in one way or another every day. I usually have a handful under my belt before getting out of bed in the morning and any one of them would be grounds for eternal damnation. The punishment for those sins has already been placed on the Person of Jesus Christ and paid for with His blood. There is nothing I can do in my mortal body to stop sinning and there is nothing I can do to pay for the consequences so I gave it all to Jesus. Now, I may try to avoid things I know are sinful but I'm not too good at that. My feeble efforts however are a result of what Jesus has done for me not in any way an attempt to gain favor because of how good I am.
    Do you remember Jesus telling the woman to "Go and sin no more"?

"I shall not be a victim. I shall not be a perpetrator. Above all, I shall not be a bystander."

Default It's the Paleo Hebrew Aleph and Tav

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine_MT View Post
    What is this symbol?

It looks like a cross inside of a skull with a horn on each side?

Beats me - I just started to read this thread. I do not think that I read it before.

What is this object supposed to be?

Catherine

It's the Paleo Hebrew Aleph and Tav Which is the head of the OX and Cross

In Revelation 1:8, “I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,” says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.” Lord God declared Himself to the the Alpha and the Omega-the beginning and the end. And in Revelation 22:13, the final chapter of the entire Bible, Jesus Christ Himself finally revealed that He is the Alpha and Omega!

The Equivalent in Hebrew to the Alpha and Omega.

Here's a study I found on it.

http://zechariahspatrol.com/wp-conte...ord-format.pdf

It's not where you are, It's where your at!

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    Since I am wholly a Celt, Gael, Briton, Pict, Dál Riatan, etc of Northwest Europe, and of Southeastern Europe before that, I have no claim to Hebrew roots.

My ancestors were Pagans.

Only when the chieftain of my of maternal and paternal clans converted, in hopes of gaining sway over a rival clan (probably concerning sheep, pasture, or a girl), did Christianity come to the forefront during the middle ages.

I don't pretend to be something that I'm not.

Now, who would like to paint my nether regions blue?

No sir, you are indeed hebrew 100%! Ever heard of the lost tribes? They're not really lost but they aren't in Jerusalem right now. Some fled to the caucus mountains and slowly came down over the last 2k years and settled most of Europe and guess were americans came from?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snowbandit
    Either you don't understand or your a troll. Accepting your question in the most favorable light I'll attempt to give you an answer.

Jesus clearly stated that he didn't come to destroy the law but only its eternal effects. Sin is still sin and we all sin in one way or another every day. I usually have a handful under my belt before getting out of bed in the morning and any one of them would be grounds for eternal damnation. The punishment for those sins has already been placed on the Person of Jesus Christ and paid for with His blood. There is nothing I can do in my mortal body to stop sinning and there is nothing I can do to pay for the consequences so I gave it all to Jesus. Now, I may try to avoid things I know are sinful but I'm not too good at that. My feeble efforts however are a result of what Jesus has done for me not in any way an attempt to gain favor because of how good I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Do you remember Jesus telling the woman to "Go and sin no more"?
    YES. My Mom was just saying how we all will continue to sin as long
    as we live on this earth......she was telling others this, and I wasn't
    feeling like that was correct, and then one of my devotions the very
    next day was about the woman who committed adultery and Jesus
    told her to "Go and sin no more". lol It was like a confirmation from
    the Lord himself that we are not to sin. We have to keep striving to
    become more Christlike and follow the Ten Commandments in order
    not to sin, though. I believe that the whole, "We will sin as long as
    we're on this earth" thing has become more like an excuse to sin than
    anything else. And we're taught that from a young age. We need to
    read the scriptures and question what we're taught.

Did you know that historically when the tribes made their journey after their captivity they traveled up through and into northern Europe. The Celts were Israelites as were many others. You, most likely, have the blood of the tribes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    Since I am wholly a Celt, Gael, Briton, Pict, Dál Riatan, etc of Northwest Europe, and of Southeastern Europe before that, I have no claim to Hebrew roots.

My ancestors were Pagans.

Only when the chieftain of my of maternal and paternal clans converted, in hopes of gaining sway over a rival clan (probably concerning sheep, pasture, or a girl), did Christianity come to the forefront during the middle ages.

I don't pretend to be something that I'm not.

Now, who would like to paint my nether regions blue?

And BTW the reason that the tribes were put into captivity in the first place was because they were practicing pagan religions. Israelites today still practice paganism - they are drawn to it and although they've been punished over and over again they still hold onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    I'm not 'mocking,' just trying to find out WHICH day us non-HRM people can expect a relief/break from you guys posting as I'd expect since you've become 'Jewish' and practice all they did in the OT, WHAT day you guys really, REALLY adhere to what you espouse and give the rest of us a break on a specific day?
    Being Jewish and being someone who is an Israelite that keeps Yahweh's law is not the same. The New Testament admonishes us not to make fun of someone else in the way they keep the Law. If a person wishes to keep the Law of Yahweh it is not up to you, or anyone else, to try and diminish that. If you don't want to keep the Law (be lawless) then that is your God-given right. If someone else does, then that is their God-given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchin' and Waitin' View Post
    Here is EXACTLY what disturbs me about the Hebrew Roots theology....."you've become Jewish." I have run across something called Karaite (sp?) Judiasm and a guy who runs a site "Karaite Korner." His name is Nehemiah Gordon. THIS IS SCARY. They blatantly state that Jesus IS/WAS NOT THE MESSIAH and they REJECT the New Testament. On top of that, people like Monte Judah, Eddie Chumney, Brad Scott....they would appear to have some sort of affiliation with Gordon. This was the straw that broke the camels back in my research into Hebrew Roots. Many mainstream Hebrew Roots followers claim to be Christians. But, if your teacher is aligning himself with someone like Gordon, you've lost me - if you follow someone like this Gordon guy, you are NOT a Christian.
    Being a Hebrew/Israelite and being a Jew are two different things. If you read the Jewish Encyclopedia and other Jewish writings you will find that their heritage is not from the twelve tribes of Jacob/Israel. They are from several different heritages including: Ashkenazi/Khazar region of Russia. These are bloodline most likely from Japeth. Edomite from the line of Esau and Shephardic. Many are Jewish not from blood but from conversion. The Ashkenaz are that. The entire area was converted to Judaism because the ruler made that decision. The same thing happened in many other regions. You can find all of this in Jews own historical writings. Most are not of the blood of the twelve tribes at all.

One final note is that Jews don't line up in Scripture as His people. In fact in John 8 they themselves tell Jesus that they have never been in bondage which in fact all Israelites have been in bondage: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Etc. They knew that He knew and that is one reason why they had to get rid of Him. They were frauds and He knew it.

Not trying to convince you. It's all there in the Jews own historical writings. Believe it or not.

But please refrain from telling others that they are Jewish for wanting to be obedient to Yahweh. To me it is one of the worst things you can call me.

BTW I'm not a part of any organization. I don't belong to a church and don't follow anyone's teachings. I simply read my Bible and do my best to do what it says. I don't know anything about Hebrew roots or Christian Identity. I just know from my own searching and studying where the Israelites were scattered, who they are, and all about Jewish history.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathe View Post
    And BTW the reason that the tribes were put into captivity in the first place was because they were practicing pagan religions. Israelites today still practice paganism - they are drawn to it and although they've been punished over and over again they still hold onto it.
    some don't realize they are Israel, they think they are gentiles, but they are not. They practice their pagan religions thinking they have no obligation to Torah, but they do. Bit by bit their eyes are opening and they are walking out of their paganism and to Him fully and His Torah, but its going to be a process. Look at how battered some get on these forums just saying they keep Torah!