Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: evaporated milk substitute recipe

And I've got to admit... I still don't "know" that...

It could be true, I suppose. But I use an awful lot of raw milk in bread baking, and I only occasionally scald it (usually to melt a stick of butter I'm using in the recipe). I don't think we've been eating gummy bread...

But whatever works for you is what you should do. There are more methods for various types of cooking and baking than you can imagine, and most of them work very well.

Summerthyme

Nestles Nido powdered milk has full cream. It is one of the best powdered milk products I have found. Dissolves instantly and tastes good. And no, I have no interest in Nido and I don't work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    Nestles Nido powdered milk has full cream. It is one of the best powdered milk products I have found. Dissolves instantly and tastes good. And no, I have no interest in Nido and I don't work for them.
    AND it's easily found in the foreign/mexican food section, comes in smaller and larger cans, and has a replacable lid to use after it's opened. Love the stuff
    ~Kate

Mary is the Mother of Jesus and the Mother of all of us even though it was Christ alone who reposed on her knees… If he is ours, we ought to be in his situation; there where he is, we ought also to be and all that he has ought to be ours, and his mother is also our mother. —Martin Luther, Christmas Sermon, 1529.

When I looked at powdered milk a few weeks ago, I can't think this would save you any money.
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner