Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pope heads into busy Christmas season tired, weak

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    Catholic bash fest I see. The only thing this thread is missing is a burning cross.

Lots of insecure people.
    Tell it to a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckmanite View Post
    Tell it to a priest.
    I do. See him every day. I'm not Catholic, he's just my friend. He's not only a priest, but a board certified psychologist with a Phd. We have a beer, and chat.

Tell him all about what you and the rest of the gang have to say.

He laughs, and says there's room for unbalanced people in the world too, and that Jesus still loves you.

Me thinks you just got owned by a man of God.

Gonna head over to the convent on the prairie and see what the yardstick ninjas masquerading as nuns have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    I do. See him every day. I'm not Catholic, he's just my friend. He's not only a priest, but a board certified psychologist with a Phd. We have a beer, and chat.

Tell him all about what you and the rest of the gang have to say.

He laughs, and says there's room for unbalanced people in the world too, and that Jesus still loves you.

Me thinks you just got owned by a man of God.

Gonna head over to the convent on the prairie and see what the yardstick ninjas masquerading as nuns have to say.

I'm glad I make someone laugh. If believing a cookie and wine can be transformed into flesh and blood, and if believing a declaration by the pope in the 1960's that Mary bodily arose to heaven and was sinless, if believing that a priest can forgive sin, if believing that a priest can sell indulgences (fling with a prostitute is a favorite), and believing that they are the one and only true church, and believing that the pope is the literal representation of Christ on earth, and believing that a priest with a phd in psychology is balanced, then have at it.

I believe in freedom to worship any thing and any way you want. That right is given, and I would never deny it. Criticize it in the light of Scripture, but never deny it.

I'll take a believing view of Scripture over church fairy tales any day.

Your friend, if asked, doesn't even believe the Book he teaches from is without error, and makes a living from a book he does not even believe.

A priest with a PHD in psychology. That is funny, particularly since most of the founders of the movement prefer drugs for cures over Scriptures.

I'll have to stand with the Protesting Catholic Reformers of the sixteenth century as the Guttenberg Press made the Bible available to all people and led the world out of the dark ages....and severe persecution/martyrdom.

Malachi Martin was an active Jesuit scholar who wrote a fascinating book, "The Keys of This Blood". In that book he spelled out the geopolitical goals of Capitalism (NWO), Communism and Catholicism. Martin spoke of how Satanic Priests have given the Catholic Church over to Satanism. See the links posted by Ruckmanite. Martin believed that God was going to end the geopolitical drama and endgame by a great sign in the heavens that basically will give the Pope God's endorsement of who He wants to rule on earth.

The Bible speaks of a great delusion in the very end of time that will deceive those who don't really love 'the truth. 2Thess. 2; Rev. 16:13ff; Rev. 13:11ff.

My family is Catholic and I was born a Catholic but after reading and studying the Bible for myself I came out of Catholicism. Salvation comes only by the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ, not a church or organization. God justifies the sinner ONLY by the perfect work and death of His Son, Jesus....and Who can only be received by faith. Blessed assurance of eternal life and peace with God can only come to the one who KNOWS the work God requires is already finished, done. "Therefore, being justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus. Christ." Romans 5:1

"Christ is our Righteousness." (Jer. 23:6) His righteousness is the only righteousness God will accept. Christ living in me makes me perfectly righteous in God's sight. My works now are freely given out of love and gratitude with great joy for such a wondrous salvation. Justification by faith was the cornerstone doctrine of the Reformation. Failure to understand that doctrine will lead to failure of understanding the grace and love of God....and lead to trusting human works, transubstaniation and the church.

There is a former Dominican Priest, Richard Bennett who left Catholicism and is being used by God to help Catholics learn about Catholicism. http://bereanbeacon.org/ He has a great love for Catholics.
    "Come, my people, enter your houses and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for a little while until the indignation is past. For behold, the Lord comes out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity." Isa. 26:20
    "My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid." John 14:27 Beau Soir

Great post BB!
    "The Lord nullifies the counsel of the nations; He frustrates the plans of the people." Psalm 33:10

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:

As far as I'm concerned this is the final word on all the law keeping, legalistic, nonsense. You want to recognize Christmas, put up a tree, go to church on Saturday, Sunday or Wednesday? It's ALL adiaphoria, things that matter not. In a few short months we'll be having the same stupid argument (again) over Easter. Well, I look forward to Easter and a nice ham! I know full well that Christ was not born on Christmas nor crucified on Good Friday, or maybe even Thursday. But I do know that he came to earth in human form as a baby born in Bethlehem to be murdered by means of crucifixion and it wasn't so we could nit-pick days and dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbandit View Post
    Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]:

As far as I'm concerned this is the final word on all the law keeping, legalistic, nonsense. You want to recognize Christmas, put up a tree, go to church on Saturday, Sunday or Wednesday? It's ALL adiaphoria, things that matter not. In a few short months we'll be having the same stupid argument (again) over Easter. Well, I look forward to Easter and a nice ham! I know full well that Christ was not born on Christmas nor crucified on Good Friday, or maybe even Thursday. But I do know that he came to earth in human form as a baby born in Bethlehem to be murdered by means of crucifixion and it wasn't so we could nit-pick days and dates.
    Personal preference never trumps sound doctrine.

Adiaphora (Gk., ‘things indifferent’). The view that certain items in a controversy are not sufficiently central to warrant continuing division or dispute. Adiaphorism is thus of importance in ecumenical discussions or arguments.

In your opinion, it is all Adiaphora, but that is a worldly, ecumenical viewpoint that has given us the likes of Joel Osteen, Benny Hynn, and Rick Warren, who have largely succeeded in the destruction of old line protestant Christianity and replaced it with ecumenical "oneness", and this teaching, and lack of scriptural knowledge, is why the church apostate. When the antichrist shows up on the scene the pretend christians will worship him with adoration.

Adiaphora viewpoints are contrary to the Scriptures. This banter has been about doctrinal issues regarding salvation and works at the heart of the matter.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Modern Christians are but little children who have been deceived by the ecumenical feel good movement that tolerates everything and condemns nothing. They have created the pillow Jesus, not the King of Kings.

1 Timothy 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Did you get that? All scripture is given by inspiration of God. 90% of the clowns behind the pulpit, whether they be protestant or catholic, do not believe that verse.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

A Christian is a soldier. His only offensive weapon is the Word of God. With that, he is to reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    BB's post is spot on.

I love catholics. I want to see them saved. I studied catholic doctrine, with many close relatives and friends, to see if they had the truth when I sought it many years ago. The priest tried to tell me that all those great men, for thousands of years, could not be wrong, and I almost bought it, except for the part when he said church doctrine was equal to the Scriptures. At 14 I figured out the clown was lying, then and there. It is a slavish system of works that keeps their members in bondage to a system of works based salvation instead of the liberty in Christ.

Moreover, the spirit of the age is one of sleep and slumber. The more acerbic posts mocking the doctrinal heresies are but an attempt to awaken that very small number that might be viewing the systemic corruption in the RCC for what it is-a cult of Mary.

The ecumenical claptrap that passes for a Sunday message of love is the sort of garbage that makes God puke. Repent? Never hear it from old Joel or Rick or Benny. Sin is seldom mentioned, except in how the marshmallow God forgives everything without true repentance.

That mindset, that anyone who dare question, mock, ridicule, or otherwise insult the faith of another, with scriptural backing and doctrine, is the result of the sissification of the pulpit, parishioners, and pastors.

It is that same spirit that controls the Muslims, who will call for death to anyone that mocks allah or mohammed. It is this spirit that will bring death to the first amendment via the hate speech montra, which so many of you willingly brand.

It is a spiritual thing viewed with a natural mind.

Personal preference never trumps sound doctrine.

In your opinion, it is all Adiaphora, but that is a worldly, ecumenical viewpoint that has given us the likes of Joel Osteen, Benny Hynn, and Rick Warren, who have largely succeeded in the destruction of old line protestant Christianity and replaced it with ecumenical "oneness", and this teaching, and lack of scriptural knowledge, is why the church apostate. When the antichrist shows up on the scene the pretend christians will worship him with adoration.
    Ruckmanite, I suspect we are talking past each other a bit. My post addressed days, dates, foods to eat or not eat, etc., things that are truly adiaphoria. If one wishes to recognize Christmas, or not, decorate a tree, or not, degenerates into a fight every year with the antis screaming that it's a pagan holiday. Then the fighting continues into Easter. Then, from Easter until Christmas comes around again, the Saturday versus Sunday worshipers can have a go at each other. That is senseless arguing over things that don't matter.

Heresy, twisted doctrine of things that actually matter, is a whole different subject. I have to agree with you that the term, adiaphoria, has been misused and misunderstood to allow for acceptance of things clearly heretical. That just wasn't my understanding of the subject here.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbandit View Post
    Ruckmanite, I suspect we are talking past each other a bit. My post addressed days, dates, foods to eat or not eat, etc., things that are truly adiaphoria. If one wishes to recognize Christmas, or not, decorate a tree, or not, degenerates into a fight every year with the antis screaming that it's a pagan holiday. Then the fighting continues into Easter. Then, from Easter until Christmas comes around again, the Saturday versus Sunday worshipers can have a go at each other. That is senseless arguing over things that don't matter.

Heresy, twisted doctrine of things that actually matter, is a whole different subject. I have to agree with you that the term, adiaphoria, has been misused and misunderstood to allow for acceptance of things clearly heretical. That just wasn't my understanding of the subject here.
    Please accept my sincerest apologies for not getting your point clearly. Looking back, you were quite clear in that point, and my direction was that general application that the modernists have taken in doctrine, and I was not quite sure just what path you were on at the time. Once again, I do apologize.

The Christmas tree thing always honks my mother-in-law off to every year because we do not have one. One being that we really don't want it, and Golden Retrievers love shiny things on trees and she eats the branches.

But she cannot resist a good dig every year (the mother-in-law) that we have somehow terribly deprived the kids by not having a tree. I've a friend that has a particular habit of peeing on every Christmas (figuratively) with the tree argument he cannot let go, much to the frustration of his DW.

I agree with the senseless arguing also, major on the major points, minor on the minors.

Adiaphoria is a word you would only hear on the Tree.

If believing a cookie and wine can be transformed into flesh and blood
    If I remember correctly it has something to do with the last supper. A carried down ritual, sure, but something that has Biblical standing.

Let me refresh your memory. I'm surprised I have to do so for such an eminent theological scholar such as yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCL-S_4ac4c

You know, I'd rather hang with a true theologian, who is other than my personal spirituality, who definitely has more training on the subject, and not only that, but has lived in faith helping other people selflessly, than hang with someone who cloaks themselves in their own self-righteous piety.

The man is head and shoulders over what you could ever hope to be.

So keep thinking you're doing it right, to the exception of everyone else in the world.

You will end up with your own club to the exclusion of everyone else, because you think Jesus is wholly your own swim buddy.

If you keep peeing in the pool, maybe Jesus will ultimately swim to the side, and towel off for the day.