Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pope heads into busy Christmas season tired, weak

Transubstitution, or whatever they call it, is nonsense. Jesus explained Himself what He meant. He was not speaking literally, He was speaking spiritually (emphasis mine):

John 6:1-63
    51I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh." 52The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" 53So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. 55For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. 57As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread[a] the fathers ate and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever." 59Jesus[b] said these things in the synagogue, as he taught at Capernaum.

60 When many of his disciples heard it, they said, "This is a hard saying; who can listen to it?" 61But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Do you take offense at this? 62Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    If I remember correctly it has something to do with the last supper. A carried down ritual, sure, but something that has Biblical standing.

Let me refresh your memory. I'm surprised I have to do so for such an eminent theological scholar such as yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCL-S_4ac4c

You know, I'd rather hang with a true theologian, who is other than my personal spirituality, who definitely has more training on the subject, and not only that, but has lived in faith helping other people selflessly, than hang with someone who cloaks themselves in their own self-righteous piety.

The man is head and shoulders over what you could ever hope to be.

So keep thinking you're doing it right, to the exception of everyone else in the world.

You will end up with your own club to the exclusion of everyone else, because you think Jesus is wholly your own swim buddy.

If you keep peeing in the pool, maybe Jesus will ultimately swim to the side, and towel off for the day.
    I see they had buckets of sarcasm on sale at Big Lots today. That is the second good laugh you've given me today. Thank you.

Actually, Jesus walked on the water, and did not swim in it. Your priest buddy should have told you that.

Did you, for one moment, think that perhaps your priest has influenced your thoughts? Did you ever think that a theologian with a PHD in psychology, which is grounded in Darwinism, might have a conflict?

Have you ever searched the Scriptures to see if what he says is even true? You have more faith in your fellow man than you ever will in the Bible. That is misguided faith.

Theologians don't even believe the book they profess to know.

I know that it won't do it any good, since you are probably too lazy to look at the Bible and would rather instead trust your beer drinking, collar wearing priest buddy, but here is why I believe what I believe based on Scripture, not a religious system

There is no mass in either testament. In John 6, when Jesus is speaking of his disciples eating his flesh and blood, Catholics park here and use this verse to justify the Mass.

Talk to the priest. He believes that he transforms the cookie into literal flesh, and the wine into literal blood via the eucharist.

Now they ignore just a few verses where Jesus said in the same chapter that His literal flesh would profit them nothing (John 6:63) Here it is:

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The words, they are life. The flesh profiteth nothing.

Can you see the problem I have here?

John 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Jesus said if they could eat it then tells them eating his flesh and blood is to be done exactly as He Himself was feeding off his own father.

Catholics say this is literal. The problem is that Jesus rose from the dead and is bodily in Heaven. How do you eat him if it is literal? The mass.

But herein is another problem. Cannibalism is justified nowhere in either testament, and eating LITERAL BLOOD is forbidden before the law in Genesis 9, under the law in Leviticus 17, and after the law under grace in Acts 15.

See the contradiction? What happens to God if you eat him and he goes through the biological process of digestion? Holy Crap.

Moreover, we are specifically told in 1 Corinthians 10:16-17 that the present body of Christ is not some dead corpse that was taken off the cross, nor a live sacrifice on the cross. The body of Christ in this age is a group of saved people in Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13).

The catholic who does not discern this (1 Cor. 11:29) when he goes to mass eats and drinks damnation to himself (1 Cor. 11:29).

Look it up for yourself.

Your priest buddy is damning himself with every cookie and sip of hooch he takes at the mass and is too blinded by that spirit of deception to discern the figurative from the literal.

Furthermore, there is no blood in the present body of Christ, as all of Christ's blood had left Him when he arose from the dead (Luke 24:39 and John 19:34.

The very heart of the catholic cult is based on black magic and cannibalism, which is why the Anglican church called a blasphemous fable and dangerous deceit in Article 31 of their 39 articles.

Did you ever study history? I mean biblical history?

When the popes/priests celebrate masses around the world they institute a pagan religion of Baal worship over 3000 years old.

The Baal worshippers (Judges 2:13) had vestments and vestrymen (2 Kings 10:22). So do catholics. The Baal worshippers worshipped the queen of heaven (Jeremiah 44:17-19), and ate literal blood (Psalms 16:4).

They used images and statues as an aid to worship (Exodus 23:24), Deuteronomy 7:5), prayed to several gods, as well as the true God.

The Bible forbids a disciple to call any religious leader a father (Matt 23:9)

It condemns religious leaders who get a widow's property by praying for her dead husband (Matt 23:14), which is what purgatory did and still does.

It calls the teaching of these leaders leaven (Matt 16:12) and points out that a woman will put leaven into the body of true doctrine (Matt 13:33) until the entire body of doctrine is corrupted (Gal 5:9)

This is why protestants call the RCC the great whore of Revelation.

In the bible the church is never called a woman anywhere. The church is called a Bride (Rev 21), a virgin (2 Cor 11), and a wife (Eph 5), but never a woman.

There is a woman in Revelation 17:1-6, whose colors are purple and scarlet and has a symbol of a golden cup (Rev 17:1-10).

In regards to Mary.

Mary was a sinner who needed purification (Luke 2:21-23, Lev 12)

Mary as a sinner, thanked God for a Saviour (Luke 1:47)

Her Saviour never referred to His mother one time as mother, but as woman. (John 2 and John 19).

No one ever asks Mary for advice on anything, no one ever in the Bible prays to Mary. In Acts 12 prayer is made to God. No one calls here blessed Mary, no one ever kneels to her.

The RCC picture of Mary is pagan blasphemy.

There is one mediator between God and man (1 Tim 2:5), and it is not Mary. Paul never prayed to her, Peter never prayed to her, and in the book of Romans there is not one mention of her, nor anywhere in the new testament is there a mention of mary as a mediatrix, intercessor, gate of heaven, or any other title.

Take that to your priest and teach him something today.

Good grief.

Chicom, if you have not read the New Testament in its entirety, I encourage you to do so. While you do this, I hope you will keep a notebook and pen handy. As you begin in the Gospels, and proceed through the end of Revelation, I would like you to write down every word of warning against false prophets, false teachings, warnings against deception, and doctrines of demons.

You will not take this battle lightly when you see how Jesus and the apostles took it so seriously. When the blind lead the blind, as Jesus said, they both fall into a pit.

Yada, Yada.

The Bible was written by different people at different times.

It also has a tendency to contradict itself.

Okay, now I understand the wackiness. Didn't even know what one was. Looked it up.

I found some unflattering things said, but this snippet to be the most explanatory.

I see, okey doke then, gotcha.

I'll be bowing out of this one just in case it's contagious.

And Catholicism is a cult? As if.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What is the Ruckmanite Cult?

Ruckmanites are a neo gnostic cult following the beliefs of Peter Ruckman. Ruckman (a three times divorced and remarried white supremacist who refers to Blacks as “niggers”), like his followers and as with most cult leaders has no formal training or expertise in the matters he pontificates about. Ruckman and his followers hold the 1611 edition of The King James Bible as authoritative and infallible instead of the original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts, and maintain that KJV additions are “further revelation”.

Not all KJV advocates are Ruckmanites, Many, if not most, KJV advocates accept that God gave His Word infallibly in the original Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek autographs, and the KJV is a translation. Some Ruckmanites claim to be only following his teaching and not following him. It is not an institutional cult with a formal organization, but a network of mini-cults sharing common heretical beliefs and paranoid-esque delusions. Ruckmanites are essentially “conspiracy theorists” who seek to mix secular conspiracy theories (complete with an unbalanced and nearly paranoid style of speculation and conjecture they treat as factual) with Christianity.

Ruckmanites combine their heretical view of the KJV as the directly inspired Bible instead of being a translation, with racist ideologies often including white supremacy and more commonly, anti-Semitism, frequently borrowing their views from British Israelism, The Identity Movement, and in some cases Neo-Nazism, neo-Facist patriot militia groups, and The Ku Klux Klan. They draw their textual arguments from the debunked home economics lecturer Gail Riplinger (discredited by the Christian Research Institute as being illiterate in Greek, and whose outlandishness is rejected by more scholarly defenders of the KJV such as The Trinitarian Bible Society).

The British Israelite (Armstrongism) influences of Ruckmanism are found in the belief in the purity of the English language in Scripture as opposed to Hebrew or Greek languages, because of their anthropologically and theologically abject assertion that the Anglo-Celtic nations are the lost tribes of ancient Israel in accordance with the teachings of the late Herbert W. Armstrong and his World Wide Church of God cult. While drawing on the influence, some Ruckmanites would deny being British Israelite.

Like all gnostics, Ruckmanites claim a special revelation only the initiated can comprehend; others are viewed as being in deception. Like the followers of Origen in ancient Alexandrian gnostic heresy, Ruckmanites claim a special gnostic revelation about scripture and try to represent this by a convoluted system of manuscript comparison as Origen did with his hexalpa, except that Ruckmanites usually can’t even read the original texts. This gnosticism is evidenced in Riplinger’s kabbalistic style textual jigsaw “revelations” (very similar to the ‘bible codes’ arguments of Michael Drosnin, Paul & Jan Crouch, and Yacvov Ramsel) which she claims to have arrived at by means almost identical to what New Age ascended masters call “spirit guides”. Another example is Ruckman’s own doctrine that further additions to the 1611 KJV not found in original Greek or Hebrew manuscripts are new inspired revelation which only Ruckmanites have.

http://moriel.org/MorielArchive/inde...uckmanite-cult

You cultist. LOL!

Yada, Yada.

The Bible was written by different people at different times.

It also has a tendency to contradict itself.
    For the natural (lost) man, the contradictions appear that way.

Why, being a deist, do you even care about doctrinal issues as deists regard no religious text to be inspired, much less holy?

Because someone you admire, a priest with a psychology phd, has declared some truths and bits of wisdom you agree with?

Because someone who you mock dares challenge this holy man's doctrine in a black suit with a reverse collar on Biblical issues?

I'm sure he's a nice guy to have a beer with, a discussion with, but when it comes right down to it, he no more believes the Bible to be inspired by God than you do.

Blind leading the blind.

It took you that long to bother looking up Ruckman? Rank amateur.

The handle is a mockery, a insulting title to anyone who believes the AV 1611 to be inspired. Baptists brand that on just about any other Baptist that believes the AV 1611 to be inspired, preserved, and pure. It is their common insult. On that Bible issue, I agree with the man. On many of the other issues, not so.

Hence the handle. The stand for the King James Bible.

But that man has led more men to the Lord Jesus Christ than any priest ever has, and more than you ever will.

Call me anything you want, but a deist who is his own god and own authority on all matters calling a Baptist a cultist is downright funny.

I'll defend Catholics, Mormons, Lutherans, Presbyterians, and just about all the other sects that don't go around making their specific faith all about disparaging others' practices, and the desire to put down all that don't follow their specific narrow path.

I'm not even Christian, and I do this.

You are Christian (supposedly), but you don't.

A very telling and contrasting commentary.

But then again, I'm not a cultist.

Sam2 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Ruckmanite View Post
    I see they had buckets of sarcasm on sale at Big Lots today. That is the second good laugh you've given me today. Thank you.

Actually, Jesus walked on the water, and did not swim in it. Your priest buddy should have told you that.

Did you, for one moment, think that perhaps your priest has influenced your thoughts? Did you ever think that a theologian with a PHD in psychology, which is grounded in Darwinism, might have a conflict?
    Good post, Ruckmanite.
    This is the second best post I've ever seen, on the evils of catholicism.
    If not THE best.

The other was posted by 300mag, on another forum, nearly 3 years ago.

It is too late, for words... Resist. Or Submit.
    ___Resistor_____/VVVVVV\__

A progression of Lies, Disinormation and Obfuscations:
    A "bold new world" and "forces too powerful"
    http://tinyurl.com/o49lbyx
    An agregious post #24: Some Clear Thinking On 'The Debt'
    http://tinyurl.com/oqjvf3g
    More : Tax reform: restoring ... free market system.
    http://tinyurl.com/qgejpdl

I'll defend Catholics, Mormons, Lutherans, Presbyterians, and just about all the other sects that don't go around making their specific faith all about disparaging others' practices, and the desire to put down all that don't follow their specific narrow path.

I'm not even Christian, and I do this.

You are Christian (supposedly), but you don't.

A very telling and contrasting commentary.

But then again, I'm not a cultist.
    The I's have it. You are a deist following a roman catholic priest with a phd in psychology. That is a cult in of itself. Talk about strange bedfellows.

You don't even know where you are going when you die, and contend for religions whose doctrine denies salvation by Jesus Christ alone. Deism is just another fabrication to escape the White Throne Judgement of Jesus Christ, which you have a date with.

Mormons teach that Jesus and Lucifer were brothers, and that women stay eternally pregnant in heaven giving birth to spirit children. Jehovah's witnesses teach Jesus Christ was a lesser god, a created god.

A cult, for the most part, is one that teaches only they have the absolute truth, and that their way is the only one.

Luther was called a cultist, as was Wesley, and many others by the RCC, who coined the term PROTESTANT. PRO-TEST-ANT.
    They dared protest and leave the holy (ahem) catholic church, and have yet to rejoin the only true church, which is why the Jesuits have for the last 1000 years worked on the ecumenical movement to bring the wayward protestants back under the umbrella and dogma of the RCC.

Mormons, Catholics, and JW's fall into this, among others. Yet in all of these faiths, many are saved, simply by trusting in Jesus Christ alone, and cannot leave, or will not leave the cult due to family ties.

What you fail to see as a lost man is that salvation is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. By the way, does a deist have afterlife, or are they simply annihilated via the Jehovah Witness teachings?

How do you deal with your sin? How do you account for it? Or are you sinless?

You have no concept of Christianity as a heathen, and cannot defend, via the Scriptures, what you believe, nor what is truth, nor what is error.

You defend other faiths not even knowing what they teach.

Jesus harshest words were for the religious rulers, who had incorporated traditions into religious dogma, and made the word of God none effect.

Your words define sin as that thing you do that I don't.

You never address scriptural arguments over scriptural matters presented concerning catholic doctrine, but side step and tip toe better around them better than a hyper-caffienated ballerina in a minefield.

About your source, they guy is an apparently saved Jew who also ministers to lost Catholics.

Jacob’s family is a combination of Roman Catholic and Jewish. (In his youth he was forced to attend a Catholic school, but also attended the Jewish Community Center.) Jacob’s wife Pavia, also from a science background, is a Romanian-born Israeli Jewish believer who is the daughter of holocaust survivors. Pavia was an atheist and Jacob was an agnostic. After coming to faith both switched from study in scientific fields to theological fields in Israel and in Britain. They have two children both born in Galilee.
    Jacob is a Hebrew-speaking evangelist to the Jews and a Bible teacher elaborating on the original Judeo-Christian background and hermeneutics of the New Testament, and his emphasis is on church planting and missions. He and Moriel have also been a conservative voice for biblically-based discernment among moderate Pentecostals and Charismatics opposed to the seductions of the ecumenism, money oriented preaching and hype artistry, "charismania" and psycho-babble prevalent in today’s church.
    Too funny. You quote an ex-roman catholic Jew with a ministry in Hebrew who also is moderately Charismatic.

Ruckman has burned the Charismatics so many times they hate his guts for pointing out the hypocrisies of that false movement also.
    Last edited by Ruckmanite; 12-21-2011 at 07:07 AM.