Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Add tsp to laundry and dishwasher to clean

I'm doing it! :D Thanks!

Summerthyme do you use dw cubes w the miracle cleaner or just the cleaner?

I use powdered dishwasher detergent (I think it's a Sam's Club brand... I stocked up awhile ago when I saw prices climbing steeply, and haven't bought any in the last year or so) PLUS the miracle cleaner.

As I mentioned in another post above, "miracle cleaner" is essentially a water softener... it helps detergents dissolve and suspend grease, dirt and grime... but it's not a detergent itself.

We have artesian well water, and no water softener or other water treatment. Our water is moderately "hard"... it has enough mineral in it to give excellent flavor, but not so much that it builds up badly anywhere. Still, it's "hard" enough that using phosphate gives a clear benefit.

Others who have softer water naturally, or use a water softener, may not find it worth the expense...

Summerthyme

Thank you

I recently started adding 1 teaspoon of TSP to my dishwasher detergent for each load of dishes, and my dishes come out sparkling like never before! That is great stuff! I'd like to try it in my laundry, but I haven't been able to find out how much I should use. Does anyone know?
    Check out my handcrafted jewelry: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lumara
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Rand

If anyone's used TSP in their washing machine
    could you let us know how the clothes came out,
    how they're holding up washing them with a bit
    of TSP, any skin irritations, etc.? And how much
    you used. Thanks
    Last edited by check; 12-21-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: added one more question

if you have a stainless steel tub, it warns not to add vinegar. it will etch the stainless. anybody know if the other additives will do that?
    Laura

Crazy is fractal.

For laundry I have to be honest...I don't really notice a difference. Our stuff doesn't typically get "filthy" dirty, kwim? Plus we wash with cold water and seldom use bleach so our clothes are usually a little dingy and grayish.

I do laundry whenever I can and don't usually get a full load of whites to add bleach...so my laundry isn't a very good testament.

Tyger, I tried using just vinegar in the DW, and it didn't quite cut it in my hard-as-nails water. I'm going to try it with just a little detergent next load and see if it improves. It's ALMOST there, but there's still a bit of film, so I'm optimistic. Thanks!

I swear Summerthyme, you put Martha Stewart to shame.

I never met anyone that had so much knowledge about so many things! It's like having my own Encyclopedia of Useful Knowledge at my desktop!

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf
    - The Tree of Liberty's Avon Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post
    I swear Summerthyme, you put Martha Stewart to shame.

I never met anyone that had so much knowledge about so many things! It's like having my own Encyclopedia of Useful Knowledge at my desktop!