Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Daily Low Dose Aspirin for Heart Attack Protection Should be Discouraged

Default Why Daily Low Dose Aspirin for Heart Attack Protection Should be Discouraged

Why Daily Low Dose Aspirin for Heart Attack Protection Should be Discouraged

Paul Fassa
    NaturalSociety
    December 22, 2011

Some of us are aware of one or two negative side effects from low dose daily aspirin use to prevent heart attacks. But lately, more side effects, serious ones, of daily aspirin dosing are making the risks outweigh the advantages completely. Fortunately, there are natural substitutes that match or surpass the daily aspirin routine for heart attack protection.
    Another allopathic myth that backfired

As late as 2007, a massive aspirin TV ad promoting daily low dose aspirins took hold over millions, despite the growing awareness of side effects from this routine. Aspirin zombies were awakened.

Several studies had been conducted on daily aspirin use for over two decades. The studies had mixed results which were mostly negative. The gastric hemorrhaging (stomach bleeding) and ulcer production came in at close to one-third of the trial subjects. That seemed tolerable to some, since second heart attacks were reduced. However, fatal heart attacks were actually not reduced at all by taking low dose aspirin daily.

More:
    http://naturalsociety.com/why-daily-low-dose-aspirin-for-heart-attack-protection-should-be-discouraged/http://naturalsociety.com/why-daily-low-dose-aspirin-for-heart-attack-protection-should-be-discouraged/
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]."
    [Daniel 12:10b]

Thanks for the article. I'm on 325 mgs a day and have had light flashes in my eyes and stomache aches for a while now. Getting old sucks!

ETA...I'm done with the aspirin thing. I'll think about telling my cardiologist or not....depends on if I'm in the mood for a lecture.

There have been various articles stating that the asprin doesn't work for women, but that it was more beneficial for men.
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

Quote Originally Posted by lake rat View Post
    Thanks for the article. I'm on 325 mgs a day and have had light flashes in my eyes and stomache aches for a while now. Getting old sucks!

ETA...I'm done with the aspirin thing. I'll think about telling my cardiologist or not....depends on if I'm in the mood for a lecture.
    I quit the daily aspirin thing. I now mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and drink it daily. If you do this, don't take the aspirin, as the vinegar acts as a blood thinner anyway. At least that's what I've read.
    Support Your Local Militia.

From what I understand, the asprin is not so much to prevent heart attacks as to prevent clotting forming, breaking off and causing a stroke.
    "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for,
    another person must work for without receiving."Adrian Rogers, 1931

If younare on aspirin therapy tho, be aware that stopping suddenly triples the risk of stroke.

Tho I first heard that from an endocrinologist, I googled it and it's true.

I first learned of the aspirin/ulcer deal back some forty-plus years ago.

Aspirin is Good Stuff for some purposes. If I pop three or four of them, my arthritic shoulder quits hurting for at least a day or two. I pretty much can ignore it for another day or three after that. At some point, it once again becomes aspirin time.

No ulcers, these last seventy-seven years...
    You're from BATFE? Come right in! I use all your fine products!

Thanks for the advice....I'll wean myself slowly from the aspirin and move on to the apple cider vinegar. It amazes me that doctors don't warn people of the potential side affects. I was warned to take the coated aspirin to prevent ulcers but that was it. Im not taking any chances with my eye sight. I'd rather have the heart attack than go blind!

I have learned the hard way that any over the counter pain reliever has side affects. Had been taking Advil every 4 hours for Migraine headaches, then started taking Excedrin Migraine. I am now suffering from damaged kidneys because of it. Every thing else has been ruled out. I have learned that tylenol can damage your liver, what the heck is left? I still have migraines and osteo arthritis, so not suppose to take anything for that? I cannot go all day for sometimes more than 5 days out of the month with migraine pain.
    "The Lord nullifies the counsel of the nations; He frustrates the plans of the people." Psalm 33:10

a number of herbs thin the blood. Ask Summerthyme here for more exact info, but off the top of my head I believe cayenne (red pepper), garlic, ginger, cinnamon, tumeric, and others. Ask Summerthyme or someone experienced in this before you attempt to substitute these for the baby aspirin--I took too many different ones (for different things) once and my heart rate speeded up considerably (probably because I had over-thinned my blood) and I was very weak and light-headed for a while till it wore off.
    Last edited by countrymouse; 12-26-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    The only "change" I CAN believe in: I Corinthians 15: 51-52!