Thread: ?'s about suicide....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    I haven't made mention till now, but I just lost my sister to suicide a month ago .... How does one ask forgiveness? .... and will never be any comfort in the void that she left behind.
    I will pray to our Father for her forgiveness .... and your peace when you are ready.

O.W.

It does not matter if your a Catholic, to benefit from the vast studies of the Monastic Church Fathers . I'm not a Roman, but close.

God understands. He Loves us, and as well as he knows every blade of grass, every little creature, he knows us all. God wants us, and wants to forgive us.

"NO," taking our own lives does not please him, but also know, pain and suffering trouble him greatly. I know, I can FEEL in my Heart, the Spirit in this.

As a young child, I knelt at my Grandmothers hospital bed, she was almost 100. She was in misery, there was no recovery. She raised me, she was the most loving, caring, GLOWING with the Holy Spirit person I've ever met. I owe her for everything I have. I miss her everyday. I Prayed for her to stay with me, please don't go, I KNOW she heard some of my pleadings. She loved me more than any person ever could, more than my mother, up to even perhaps my good Wife. God rest her Holy Soul.

I regretted not being present when she slipped away, I left her side to shower and such, and she let go. I was torn for a long while.

I KNOW she wouldn't want me to suffer in her name. I know she will hold me close again in Glory in Heaven. I know, she's proud, and loves me.

God will take her, FORGIVE her, and purify her soul. She cannot enter into the fullest of Glory until the pain of what happened, and how it touched others, is mitigated. She isn't being punished, but in all of this, the devil will use your feelings against you, to accuse you both, to pull you from Grace.

For both of your sakes, REJECT the devil, get him behind you, Pray for her to be made clean of all pain and suffering, to enter fully into Glory, and KNOW!! in you Heart, of Hearts, that YOU, have beloved waiting to hold you, and share Heaven with you in Gods light, forever.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church defines suicide as, "The willful taking of one’s own life; a grievous sin against the fifth commandment. A human person is neither the author nor the supreme arbiter of his life, of which God is sovereign master." However, the catechism points out that, "Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide." (CCC 2282)
    "You Can't MAKE this stuff up."

They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.
    Ezekiel 7:19