Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: top loader washing machine

I bought a new top loader, just a basic washer and I wish now I'd looked for a good older used one. Energy saver this, water saver that, shoot, the rinse cycle has about a 1/3 of the amount of water that the wash cycle uses, it doesn't even cover the clothes. After the final spin the clothes are so tangled it's difficult to get them out of the tub. So far I haven't found any ripped clothes and I'm surprised.
    For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: Walk as children of light.

A great thread as I will be in the market for some new stuff soon. I just wish I could buy quality appliances even if I have to pay a lot for them to last. I'm sure the cost is kept down because they need to be replaced so often. It sort of hides inflation as well. What would a washer cost today that would be made well and last 30 years? 1500-2000? I would buy it if I know its the last one I will ever have to buy.
    I have seen some old appliances still running great in Cuba. A good friend has an original GE fridge that is from the 50's and never had a problem with it and uses it everyday.

We have the Staber, the only top load horizontal-axis clothes washer made in the U.S. So far we really like it. I normally use about a teaspoon or less of detergent along with 4-8 oz of vinegar with each load.

The Staber uses very little water and is for loads of about nine pounds or less. It does a very good job.

I will be looking into the Danby line next time.