Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Panel recommends Americans drink more waste water to combat future shortages

Default Panel recommends Americans drink more waste water to combat future shortages

Panel recommends Americans drink more waste water to combat future shortages

• 'Wastewater is a drought-proof supply and a very viable option compared to imported water and other options'

By Daniel Bates

Last updated at 8:03 PM on 11th January 2012

Next time you pour a glass of water from the tap try not to think about this - you might be about to drink what you once flushed away.
    Rising numbers of Americans are consuming wastewater, or 'toilet on tap', without even realising it, according to an official report.

Even though it once contained human waste, food scraps and bath scum, the National Research Council claims that it could actually be better for you than fresh water.

It also says says that only wastewater that has been treated gets back into circulation, although the last industry-wide study was done was back in 1980.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1jHF50W9j
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]."
    [Daniel 12:10b]

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

This story leaves a foul taste in my mouth.

Most cities with a surface water supply are already doing this.
    "Fight the good fight of faith"

El Paso does tertiary treatment and pumps the effluent back into the Hueco Bolson formation to augment their groundwater supply.
    You're from BATFE? Come right in! I use all your fine products!

Drink now to compensate for a shortage next year?

I don't know about y'all but my bladder is pretty stressed as it is.

Is Steven Colbert on this panel?

All water has been recycled many times. Remember the ocean, lake, river, pond is the fish's toilet.
    When ever I have to make a decision I ask myself WWDD (What would Dogbert do)

Never argue with an idiot. He is too stupid to understand and all you do is waste your time.

There are three evil forces in the world Greed, Fear and Ignorance.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Most cities are drinking somebody else's wastewater already, unless they are situated at the source. The town closest to the spring where the water originates is the only one getting "fresh" water. Everyone else is downstream, recycling what the previous users have sanitized and dumped back in circulation.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    Most cities are drinking somebody else's wastewater already, unless they are situated at the source. The town closest to the spring where the water originates is the only one getting "fresh" water. Everyone else is downstream, recycling what the previous users have sanitized and dumped back in circulation.

Even spring water is not the "source" it is water that has percolated through the soil and aquafer and is just being released to the surface there. Every thing on the planet is recycled and reused. Water is not exceptions. This has been going on for billions of years. Think about it, the water you are drinking today was once dinosaur urine.
    When ever I have to make a decision I ask myself WWDD (What would Dogbert do)

Never argue with an idiot. He is too stupid to understand and all you do is waste your time.

There are three evil forces in the world Greed, Fear and Ignorance.

I kinda thought that was a common practice. I was at a client's house one day and she got a glass of water from her tap in the kitchen and I said " you're not going to DRINK that are you?" She dumped it out and said "not now!" I have well water filtered through clay. I couldn't drink that city tap water unless I was positively dying.

Sherry in Ga

Quote Originally Posted by Sherrynboo View Post
    I kinda thought that was a common practice. I was at a client's house one day and she got a glass of water from her tap in the kitchen and I said " you're not going to DRINK that are you?" She dumped it out and said "not now!" I have well water filtered through clay. I couldn't drink that city tap water unless I was positively dying.

Sherry in Ga
    we run water filters on our tap in the city. i still dont like drinking water that has fluoride added. our filters takes out the synthetic fluoride at least.
    if we could live in the country, we would.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."