Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘Morality police’ getting tasers

Thumbs down ‘Morality police’ getting tasers

Volunteer “morality police” in Egypt have ordered taser weapons to help “defend” themselves against citizens whose behavior in public doesn’t align with Islamic teachings, according to a report.

The morality police have arisen in the wake of the “Arab Spring” that has swept across the Middle East and Northern Africa and removed moderately West-friendly regimes, opening the political process to Islamic parties.

The Egyptian force is acquiring 1,000 of the taser weapons to “promote virtue” on the streets and byways, according to the English-language Ahram Online website...

...The report said the morality police models itself on a similar group in Saudi Arabia that monitors citizens social behavior.
    More http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/morality-...etting-tasers/
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

It looks like their going high tech. I guess they'll no longer just beat people on the street.
    Grantbo's Misadventures <<< 40 stories of when Grantbo's life went horribly wrong

I know someone on this board who might like such a policy enacted here.

The tasers might be extreme, but by golly, the people have to do the moral, ethical thing. After all, it'd be the law.

In this person's perfect world, a strong Christian president will preside over the USA who believes that a moral society can be created by enacting more laws.

What a concept!

Quote Originally Posted by Grantbo View Post
    It looks like their going high tech. I guess they'll no longer just beat people on the street.
    Uh, yes they will. It will just make it easier and less hazardous to the cowards. Youths can get pretty frisky at times.

What could possibly go wrong? How about misuse and torture. TT

Quote Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
    I know someone on this board who might like such a policy enacted here.

The tasers might be extreme, but by golly, the people have to do the moral, ethical thing. After all, it'd be the law.

In this person's perfect world, a strong Christian president will preside over the USA who believes that a moral society can be created by enacting more laws.

What a concept!

A novel concept, eh?

Default When a policeman brandishes a taser...

It should be viewed by others as pointing a firearm, excepting that the cop is much more likely to utilize it. If you would use a firearm in perceived self-defense against a policeman about to shoot you with a gun, it's as justifiable to do so against one holding a taser.

Too many people have been tortured and killed with the things to see it otherwise.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with the taser being used to keep people focused on what they need to be, unless they have something to hide.

Corporal punishment, handed down without anger or bias, just may be the thing we've yet to try.

I'm thinking of all of the bad parenting issues fixed in real time, as well, seeing the Schools returned to places of learning.

Once we set the boundaries, the rules, age limits, all that.

ZZZZZZZZZZZTT.
    "You Can't MAKE this stuff up."

They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.
    Ezekiel 7:19

Why, I find this story...shocking!

Gratuitous use of "punny," words.

ZZZZZZZZT!
    "You Can't MAKE this stuff up."

They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.
    Ezekiel 7:19