Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Union Creek Journal

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Default Union Creek Journal

I've been reading The Union Creek Journal -- A chronicle of survival. This is an excellent work of fiction, very well written. Here's what the author says about his book (still in progress):

About The Journal

The Union Creek Journal (UCJ) is a fictional work about survival. The journal chronicles the struggles of the Johnson family to survive after a global economic crash reduces the United States to 19th Century living. The Johnsons prepared but survival is still difficult – physically and emotionally.
    Follow the UCJ for frequent updates to the story of the Johnson family and tips to survive an apocalyptic collapse that could really happen.

Dh did not read very far into it, because he doesn't like the "journal" format. The book is written as a series of journal entries. But it has several inserts that are "real-time" accounts of what's going on, so I did not find this a drawback. The Union Creek Journal takes on some serious moral issues that will arise when tshtf, but without sacrificing a good plot to agenda. It is a real page-turner, with good guys, bad guys, action and angst. I think anyone who frequents the Tree will like this book.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Many thanks for the link. Just spent a few hours catching up on this story, it's pretty good and brings up a lot of interesting points, maybe a bit too early in the timing, but still good food for thought.

Thanks Grower. We finished up the audio book "One Second After" recently and have been looking for something similar. Looking forward to reading it.

"I shall not be a victim. I shall not be a perpetrator. Above all, I shall not be a bystander."

I thought One Second After was an excellent book. This one is close to matching it, imo.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Its not a bad read...
    confedrate american.....Do not swat the fly on the head of a Tiger!!!

Hello! I'm Toby, the author of The Union Creek Journal. I like to drop in and welcome new "referrer" sites (websites that link traffic to my blog). I appreciate you mentioning my blog, grower, and your glowing comparison to One Second After. What an honor!

I hope you'll stay tuned. I just finished a couple chapters last night that will start your brain swirling and your gut wrenching.

Feel free to post comments on any of the entries if you have thoughts or ideas. Just click on the title of the entry and then click on the little black talk balloon to the left of the first paragraph.

Also, if you're just getting started, the best page is the chronological page. It lists all of the journal entries, and none of my other blog entries, in chronological order. Here's the link: http://unioncreekjournal.wordpress.c...logical-order/

Thanks again and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinyeri View Post
    Hello! I'm Toby, the author of The Union Creek Journal.
    Welcome to the forum Toby.

O.W.

Let me second that welcome, Toby. The Tree of Liberty is a good place, with good people.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Be sure to check out tomorrow's entry, Made in China.

Default Well, I also welcome you to the tree

I look forward to seeing what you are about, and will lavish criticism as well as begrudgingly give praise when due.