I've been reading The Union Creek Journal -- A chronicle of survival. This is an excellent work of fiction, very well written. Here's what the author says about his book (still in progress):

About The Journal

The Union Creek Journal (UCJ) is a fictional work about survival. The journal chronicles the struggles of the Johnson family to survive after a global economic crash reduces the United States to 19th Century living. The Johnsons prepared but survival is still difficult – physically and emotionally.
Follow the UCJ for frequent updates to the story of the Johnson family and tips to survive an apocalyptic collapse that could really happen.

Dh did not read very far into it, because he doesn't like the "journal" format. The book is written as a series of journal entries. But it has several inserts that are "real-time" accounts of what's going on, so I did not find this a drawback. The Union Creek Journal takes on some serious moral issues that will arise when tshtf, but without sacrificing a good plot to agenda. It is a real page-turner, with good guys, bad guys, action and angst. I think anyone who frequents the Tree will like this book.