Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Union Creek Journal

In response to the comments about disappointment ... I had hoped that my readers would find the final entry emotionally raw and in keeping with the many cliff hangers throughout The Journal.

The Journal and its sequel are intended to stand as a pair. I hope to have the sequel finished by late fall or winter. In it you will find many of the answers to the questions remaining at the end of The Journal in addition to a continuation of the story.

Sorry, but there could have been a far better denouement that still left one with the sense that a sequel would follow. As it was, the ending left a strong sense of incompletion, of the sort where the reader wonders if the author had painted himself into a corner.

In the FWIW department, and I make no pretense of being an editor, many of the chapters could have been tied to at least one of the sequellae, making the overall read less choppy. It seemed to me to have too much backing-and-forthing.

No gripes from me as to the overall story line. The several themes which would eventually come together were interesting. Good effort, overall, at character development.
    You're from BATFE? Come right in! I use all your fine products!

Default I appreciated

thanks, you right have nice day :)

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Welcome to the Tree, Nightwishh!

Thanks for a good read, mudinyeri.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Well worth reading.

Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.

So true, as I have seen a lot of evil, and what it ruins.

Rhodie
    I have seen the Elephant, War and Worse,
    I do not love it
    Nor do I fear it.
    I just dread what it can do to my country.

Duty, HONOR, Country.
    If you have to ask, you will never Know.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F Kennedy

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.
    George Washington

'Forged in a fire lit long ago. Stand next to me, you'll never stand alone.'

I thought fans of the UCJ might find it interesting to go back and read this entry from March of this year: https://unioncreekjournal.wordpress....the-community/

UCJ fans will also want to stay tuned next week as a sample entry from the UCJ's sequel will be released on the UCJ blog site.

Enjoy!

Only missed by one 'house' Mud. He don' need two steenking houses anyway.

Creeping right along creepily.