Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farp's Holy Grail Rub and Holy Grail Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    Sure looks good, and will try these next time.

Now, how do you cook the perfect ribs in the oven? Mine never come out tender and falling off the bones.

Thanks!
    Try using your broiler pan that comes with most stoves. The little flat pan with the louvered top that comes off. Fill the bottom about half full of water, put on the top, and lay the ribs on top meat side up. Then loosely tent them with 18 inch wide aluminum foil and tightly crimp it around the edge of the pan. Bake at about 250-275 for about 3 hours and the steam created will do most of the work for you. When done, uncover and put on your sauce and place pan under broiler to caramalize the sauce. Juicy and melts in your mouth. Be careful moving the pan with hot water still in it. Chicken is great this way too. The worst part is cleaning the top of the pan. Those louvers are a pain to clean.

Hey Farp, This is the first I have seen this. A question. What worcestershire sauce do you use? and molasses? the different brands taste different.

Lea and Perrins changed their formula about eleven years age although they deny it. I know because my excellent taste buds tell me and the label ingredients changed. Now it tastes pretty much like every one else's. Of course Heinze now owns Lea and Perrins and it tastes about like Heinze, just costs more.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

Heinze WC works fine. For molasses, I can't remember, and we ran out last week. The balance between the ketchup and BBQ sauce seems to tweak the flavor more. I find myself using a bit more BBQ. The rest is sugar in its various forms. FWIW

The most important thing is to get some ribs and get them on the grill. I did my first batch on the pellet grill yesterday.........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!