Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baby Pictures

great babies for sure. It is early yet here for babies, end of may i will probably be knee deep in babies.
    plus I should have chicks of all kinds any time now. and ducks, and turkeys. should be tons of fun.
    momof23goats

"Freezer meat"! Funny you are, Grower. I think I'm going to have to name this black one with the white patch born today "zero", to make it easier to debud, castrate, and eat the cute thing, eventually.

2 years is way better meat for the weathers. If someone wants to bother with a basic tutorial in posting pictures in the post instead of those stupid tiny attachments, I'll get out my obsolete digital and start storing baby pictures in the puter to upload when I have a chance. It takes some time on this dial-up. It all began here last night, and should be fast and furious the next month. First doe came up from #3 on the calendar and kept me up a while last night. She was serious by evening, but there was no telling what was going on in there, nothing whatever appearing, and I wasn't going in with no clue. She lost the first of triplet bucklings, stillborn to a breach birth, first thing this morning, but the other two are fine. She says she's tired now. I must get a picture of my little Nubian/Nigerian cross before she pops. You will just not believe how huge she is with kids. Her record was six, but not all of them made it on that one.

Tras
    "They who have put out the people's eyes reproach them of their blindness."
    John Milton, 1642

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
    I have such goat envy!

In the meantime, I have to make do with watching them on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQxT20mY-k

That is just too funny! None of my goats are that entertaining.

Tras,
    I have never seen a goat have SIX! That's amazing! I had a Nubian doe that had four one time, and she looked absolutely miserable by the time she reached her due date!

Here's my latest babies -- A few of the 10 chicks of mixed lineage that a friend hatched for me in her incubator:

And here is a more recent picture of Abi, my Akbash livestock guardian, watching the critters:

IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

You haven't seen a pregnant doe `til you've seen poor Daisy, Grower. Half Nubian and and half Nigerian Dwarf, she is a little thing but a great milk producer with a big bag, a serious character, and so smart at getting things open she'll scare you. Here she is now, with a just over a month to go. I think she's headed for the record book again. She's the Grand Dame of my "Hobbit" line of goats. Medium small but great producers of sweet milk.

I'll have to post the thumbnails, since I haven't had time to look up how to get those in the body of the post. Are you using a web publisher program?

I put batteries in the old cheapo digital, but the flash is not doing what I want inside the birthing stalls. The Nuby twins here are day one of the ones mentioned above, shown individually, Droid and X-Box. (Grandkids name them, encoded to keep track of bloodlines by category). My prettiest and best-producing Nubian hauled off and gave us quads today. If you sort of count the white forehead halos, the other three are behind her. I'll keep trying for some better ones. That Droid is beautiful stud material, and the one of the quads in the foreground by herself is a big sable doe with long legs. I'll get some better ones once they're outside.

Tras
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Milton, 1642

Quote Originally Posted by Trasael Adnepos View Post
    I'll have to post the thumbnails, since I haven't had time to look up how to get those in the body of the post. Are you using a web publisher program?
    Tras

Here you go

• “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

!

Talking

Fresh out of the chute this morning, triplet Nubian girls, just finding their legs. Whooey!

"If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed."

I have no "arrow" displayed next to the attachment icon, either on the attachment upload window, or the reply window at additional options, with which to place these in the post. Do I have some option turned off? Anybody? Guess you'll have to click to enlarge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Milton, 1642

Fresh out of the chute this morning, triplet Nubian girls, just finding their legs. Whooey!

"If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed."

I have no "arrow" displayed next to the attachment icon, either on the attachment upload window, or the reply window at additional options, with which to place these in the post. Do I have some option turned off? Anybody? Guess you'll have to click to enlarge.
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

The new triplets just pushed me over into cute overload and makes me want a couple goats even more!

Congratulations on all your new arrivals!

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Triplet does! Wow! Isn't that a blessing . . .
    You have some beautiful babies, Tras, and I have to say that pregnant doe looks ready to pop! May the Lord have mercy on her.

I don't know what kind of hardware or software you have, Tras, but with mine I just upload pictures to an online photo management site like photobucket.
    Once your picture is in photobucket, hover your cursor over the thumbnail until the little menu pops up beneath the picture. Click on the little box to the right of where it says "Direct link." A small box labeled "COPY" will appear briefly, letting you know you did it right. Then come back to the forum, click on the Insert Image icon at the top of the posting box (it's a little tiny picture of a mountain and a sun), paste into the box that appears, and you're done.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20