Thread: Best place to buy food for storage?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Azure Standard

I use Azure Standard ( http://www.azurestandard.com/ ) for all organic and natural grains plus about anything else. They supply whole foods without the mark up of "food storage" businesses.
    Shipping is free if you meet the minimum order requirements and are on their truck route.

Perhaps I am 'crazy' then.

Some of our grain I buy from a Co-Op. That is the guys who own big silos that get filled from local farmers. I make the trip there during harvest. The prices are usually written in chalk on a wall. I tell them how many bags I want and they load my truck. That is how I get my barley. it is in a silo.

The rest of the grain I buy I get from farmers. I call ahead to make sure when they are harvesting, and what price they will be wanting. I bring cash. A few times when I get there, they have filled bags for me directly from the combine as it drove in from the field. Other times, they will have a few pallets loaded with bagged grain sitting in a barn. Farmers may put the bulk of their grain onto trailers to be taken to a coop silo somewhere, but they always set some aside bagged for cash. They prefer cash. This is how I get my corn and my oats; directly from the farmers growing it.