Also ask around/google Amish or Mennonite local stores. You can buy bulk grains there, pay cash, and stay gray.

Also, places like Costco and Sam's are good for bulk rice, sugar, etc.

It's very easy to pack your own buckets for food storage (salt, sugar, beans, rice, wheat, other grains, etc) Google "Packing buckets with Wendy Mae" for a great tutorial.

usaemergencysupply.com has awesome info on storage life, how many O2 absorbers to use, etc.

Get a water bath canner and pressure cooker and the Ball Blue Book about canning.

I used Honeyville (when they send out their 10-20% off an entire order coupons - sign up on their page to get emails. They don't spam.) for things I can't easily store back myself for long term - butter, milk, eggs, etc. Everybody I talked to is more than pleased with them, and FLAT RATE SHIPPING is a huge bonus.

I just finished watching his rerun of the Oct 13th show tonight, too. .. .

ETA: I would not use foodinsurance.com for a full year + supply of food. I am sure they are high in sodium, which is hard on the body long term. Plus the expense. But for get home, INCH, or BOB's, they could be very useful. Or even for short term mother nature emergencies.