Thread: FREE - Pioneer How-To Handbooks

Default FREE - Pioneer How-To Handbooks

Wow, most of what I find on FB is trash, but here's a real gem.

Free, downloadable PDF books from Pioneers in the 1880's.

A great read for the historian, self-sufficient guru, or closet prepper. . . .

Pioneer Handbooks

Looks like they cover loads of topics from gardening, soap making, herbal medicine, orchards, livestock, dairy, hunting, recipes, cleaning, carpentry, to 1889 plumbing , etc
    It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. - Charles A. Beard

In this day and age, the only path of honor for a patriot IS to become a traitor. - Miradus
    [/SIZE]

sunny225 Guest

Thanks so much! That looks like a great site with lots of info on it.

Thumbs up

Thank you!
    When thing's look bad,pray,when things are good pray!

"Those willing to give up they're Liberty for security,deserve neither!"-Benjamin Franklin

Carpe' Diem

My life is not what someone else makes of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntGRosZ6VzU

rhank you so much, this is great.
    momof23goats

I didn't spend a lot of time at the site, but do believe that the biggest part of what they are showing comes from a book called The Homestead Manual. The whole book, instead of various chapters, can be downloaded as a pdf, as a Kindle, text document and various other formats from The Library of Congress. http://www.archive.org/details/homesteadmanualo00gueb Definitely a book worth having around.

There are only two types of warriors in this world. Those that serve tyrants and those that serve free men. I have chosen to serve free men, and if we as warriors serve free men, we must love freedom more than we love our own lives. -- Sergeant First Class Stefan Mazak, 5th Special Forces Group

"Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours." – Rich Mullins

Bookmarking this to download to my Kindle. (I've got to remember how to do that!)
    Do thou O Lord, protect us, guard us ever from this generation. On every side the wicked prowl as vileness is exalted among the sons of men.
    Psalm 12:7-8

In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers which confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell. —William Booth founder and general of the Salvation Army 1829-1916