Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Act of Valor~Don't Believe the Reviews

Thumbs up Act of Valor~Don't Believe the Reviews

It was a good movie. Not great, but a solid good. It was fun to see all the stuff we read about come to life. The SEAL actors did a good job. The special effects were well done, too.

Without giving a spoiler, I will say this much; Mexico is an issue. As bad as we think and more.

Here si thought is was a very good movie. Kept me entertained the entire time, and left with a feeling of respect and pride.

Glorification of senseless violence? That's not a statement but a question as I have not seen the move.
    "Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Quote Originally Posted by bbwx View Post
    Glorification of senseless violence? That's not a statement but a question as I have not seen the move.

I certainly hope so as this is on my movie list and I usually only go to movies where things go BOOM

I agree...it was a good movie...a family member is in Special Warfare Unit and the end of the movie was an emotional tear jerker for me...

Quote Originally Posted by bbwx View Post
    Senseless?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Not to pick a fight, but senseless seems to be in the eye of the beholder.
    'Flash mobs' who beat up innocent people....
    Illegal aliens who rob, rape and murder...
    Legal aliens who rob, rape and murder...
    Citizens who rob, rape and murder for that matter...
    Definitely senseless to me.

American soldiers defending us from people who want to cut our throats and murder us be cause we're Americans?
    Not so senseless in my book.

BTT
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

American soldiers defending us from people who want to cut our throats and murder us be cause we're Americans?

These "people" want to cut our throats not because we are just "Americans" --but because our government is kicking in people's doors in the middle of the night and shoving automatic weapons in women and children's faces, for shooting missles from predator drones into wedding parties, for chopping down innocent people with 20mm cannon fire from helicopters and so on. They want to kill us because we are over there in Iraq and Afganistan occupying and oppressing these countries.

If it were Russians, Latvians or Bolivians doing this to them, then they'd be killing and hating Russians, Latvians or Bolivans.

It is just too bad that these so-called "special-forces" obey without question whatever orders they are given. It is sad that we have sunken so low that we have such drones drawing paychecks.

I shudder to think what these "special forces" will do on our own soil, against American citizens with this new NDAA law just passed.

Anyways... this movie is a rental at best.
    It was made as a rah-rah recruiting movie.

ST

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shinmen Takezo View Post

These "people" want to cut our throats not because we are just "Americans" --but because our government is kicking in people's doors in the middle of the night and shoving automatic weapons in women and children's faces, for shooting missles from predator drones into wedding parties, for chopping down innocent people with 20mm cannon fire from helicopters and so on. They want to kill us because we are over there in Iraq and Afganistan occupying and oppressing these countries.

If it were Russians, Latvians or Bolivians doing this to them, then they'd be killing and hating Russians, Latvians or Bolivans.

It is just too bad that these so-called "special-forces" obey without question whatever orders they are given. It is sad that we have sunken so low that we have such drones drawing paychecks.

I shudder to think what these "special forces" will do on our own soil, against American citizens with this new NDAA law just passed.

Anyways... this movie is a rental at best.
    It was made as a rah-rah recruiting movie.

ST

(pointing upwards) This!

And just who will be rounding up these "so-called" undesirables?!
    SPEC-forces.... that's who.

ST