Thread: A Man Tries To File A Police Complaint

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Confusion is simpler to maintain than secrecy

This is outrageous behavior. But not surprising.
    http://once4all.wordpress.com/

I reject the left-right lie, and all the faces of tyranny it masks.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    -- Edward R. Murrow

Nehemiah 4:14 (NASB)

14When I saw their fear, I rose and spoke to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people: "(A)Do not be afraid of them; remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and (B)fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your houses."

Only a fool would expect an officer to actually earn his living by doing his job.
    They'd much rather cowboy up and go bust heads than do anything as mundane
    as take a report.
    Pleasing your enemies does not turn them into friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police are blue collar, brawny.
    "all they that hate me love death" Proverbs 8:36. Why do the heathen rage and the people image a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together against the LORD and against His Anointed." Ps 2:1,2. The agencies of evil are combining and consolidating, they are strengthening for the last great crisis."

I notice many of the clips have news stations' logos on them--hurrah for them! Apparently the station had someone go under cover (with camera and mike) to catch this foolishness---I wonder how foolish the (several) police deparments felt when they realized they'd just arrested a REPORTER---and that their bullying tactics were going to be broadcast on the 6 pm news the next night...
    The only "change" I CAN believe in: I Corinthians 15: 51-52!

This has been on the interweb for a few years. Things may be different in today's environment. That said, if you really have a valid complaint, call a lawyer. Confronting the worlds largest organized street gang is just plain stupid on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    This has been on the interweb for a few years. Things may be different in today's environment. That said, if you really have a valid complaint, call a lawyer. Confronting the worlds largest organized street gang is just plain stupid on your own.

Depends on what the problem is. Lawyers only address civil issues
    in terms of complaints. And they charge $$$ to do so. LEO are supposed
    to be the gatekeepers to the criminal justice system. Somebody keeps
    keying your car or flattening your tires calling a lawyer only works if that
    someone has beau coup cash to go after. Otherwise your choices are
    limited to vigilantism or filing a criminal complaint....VIA LEO.

LEO are paid to do a job. Refusing to do this job...especially when that
    refusal is documented should cost them that job, in a perfect world. In
    our world the unions insure they aren't punished for their conduct.
    Pleasing your enemies does not turn them into friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by nvscanman View Post
    Depends on what the problem is. Lawyers only address civil issues
    in terms of complaints. And they charge $$$ to do so. LEO are supposed
    to be the gatekeepers to the criminal justice system. Somebody keeps
    keying your car or flattening your tires calling a lawyer only works if that
    someone has beau coup cash to go after. Otherwise your choices are
    limited to vigilantism or filing a criminal complaint....VIA LEO.

LEO are paid to do a job. Refusing to do this job...especially when that
    refusal is documented should cost them that job, in a perfect world. In
    our world the unions insure they aren't punished for their conduct.
    I don't know what you are talking about. The video is about complaining to the cops about the cops.

I've been looking into this issue. I went to the FBI website and surprisingly found out some information on this very topic. The issue at hand is a "Color of Law" violation. (Go to the link). Particularly the following applies:

"Civil Applications
    Title 42, U.S.C., Section 14141 makes it unlawful for state or local law enforcement agencies to allow officers to engage in a pattern or practice of conduct that deprives persons of rights protected by the Constitution or U.S. laws. This law, commonly referred to as the Police Misconduct Statute, gives the Department of Justice authority to seek civil remedies in cases where law enforcement agencies have policies or practices that foster a pattern of misconduct by employees. This action is directed against an agency, not against individual officers. The types of issues which may initiate a pattern and practice investigation include:

• Lack of supervision/monitoring of officers' actions;
    • Lack of justification or reporting by officers on incidents involving the use of force;
    • Lack of, or improper training of, officers; and
    • Citizen complaint processes that treat complainants as adversaries."

Forgiven Comments: So it seems that "civil remedies" are open to this individual or group of individuals who appear to have uncovered a systemic problem whereby complainants are being treated as adversaries by merely raising the issue of wanting a complaint form. The website suggests the following steps to file a complaint.

"Filing a Complaint To file a color of law complaint, contact your local FBI office by telephone, in writing, or in person. The following information should be provided:

• All identifying information for the victim(s);
    • As much identifying information as possible for the subject(s), including position, rank, and agency employed;
    • Date and time of incident;
    • Location of incident;
    • Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witness(es);
    • A complete chronology of events; and
    • Any report numbers and charges with respect to the incident.

You may also contact the United States Attorney's Office in your district or send a written complaint to:
    Assistant Attorney General
    Civil Rights Division
    Criminal Section
    950 Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest
    Washington, DC 20530
    FBI investigations vary in length. Once our investigation is complete, we forward the findings to the U.S. Attorney’s Office within the local jurisdiction and to the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., which decide whether or not to proceed toward prosecution and handle any prosecutions that follow."

I do hope whomever made the video takes action...when good people don't take action, tyranny runs rampant.
    http://once4all.wordpress.com/

I reject the left-right lie, and all the faces of tyranny it masks.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    -- Edward R. Murrow

Nehemiah 4:14 (NASB)

14When I saw their fear, I rose and spoke to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people: "(A)Do not be afraid of them; remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and (B)fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your houses."