Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No firecrackers in manhole…

Lightbulb No firecrackers in manhole…

must say that in Chinese!

Dude!

Is there a Dragon down in there?!

BFC
    World War Three: "The Last Day". Fictional(?) depiction of an attack against Israel. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5T5CF1jhTg
    ----------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTX View Post
    "When in doubt empty your magazine"
    ----------------------------------------------

"Stay in school, work hard, stay out of trouble and when you grow up, you can pay for those who didn't."

Don't misuse manholes. It's unnatural and unhealthy.

methane.. reminds me of the poor guy who lit a smoke in a porta potty and blew himself up..

true story..

oh wow, doing a search for the story (west virginia 2004) i see it happened again in australia last year..

Many years ago in a pipre fabrication shop the fitter working at the table next to mine had his torch blow out. He took a minute to get his striker to re-light it but had the barrel still delivering gas and oxygen in to the pipe. When he got the thing lit flames from both ends shot out about twenty feet, and the sound made many people think that looking for bodies was in order.

ha. the fab shop story brought back memories , except we did it on purpose , well, until the cops showed up. really does sound like a cannon

I know of another welder that at the end of a project he and others turned oxygen cylinders in to self propelled rockets. He wasn't high on the IQ business.

Before the Super Bowl the same thing was happening to covers in Indy. Big Sis fixed it...gave millions to the city to install explosion friendly covers. They come up and let out pressure then go right back down.

That was nice of her. Never heard what was causing them to explode int he first place.

The pressure wave from that explosion was very close to the kill level.

You see the mans Jacket where the outer cover is almost completely ripped off.
    If that same force had entered his lungs, it would blow open a lot of the small air sacks, and he would bleed to death.

Not a good way to go.

Rhodie
    I have seen the Elephant, War and Worse,
    I do not love it
    Nor do I fear it.
    I just dread what it can do to my country.

Duty, HONOR, Country.
    If you have to ask, you will never Know.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F Kennedy

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.
    George Washington

'Forged in a fire lit long ago. Stand next to me, you'll never stand alone.'

Here is the full video. I can't believe how far it shoots the cover. It goes off screen to who knows where. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LD1SbJFVYU

ETA: This report shows a shot of where the manhole cover goes. DANG! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j9K2iy1fwI
    Last edited by burrito; 02-29-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: added another link