Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monkees Lead Singer Davy Jones Dead at 66

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow Monkees Lead Singer Davy Jones Dead at 66

Davy Jones, lead singer for the Monkees, has died of a heart attack at age 66 -

@houstonpress

More: Monkees singer Davy Jones died in Martin County, Florida
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Former Monkee Davy Jones dies at age 66 in Florida

(Reuters) - Davy Jones, former lead singer of the 1960s made-for-television pop band The Monkees, died on Wednesday at a hospital in Florida, according to an official from the local medical examiner's office.

Jones, 66, born in Manchester, England, became the principal teen idol of the rock quartet featured on the NBC comedy series "The Monkees," which was inspired in part by the Beatles film "A Hard Day's Night" and ran from the fall of 1966 to August of 1968.

Although not allowed to play their own instruments on their early records, Jones and his three cohorts - Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith and Peter Tork - had several hits that sold millions of copies, including "Last Train to Clarksville" and "I'm a Believer."

http://news.yahoo.com/former-monkee-...182538429.html
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

sorry to hear that, I wonder if drug use weakened his heart.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    sorry to hear that, I wonder if drug use weakened his heart.
    What an asinine thing to say.

Daydream Believer

http://youtu.be/3nmxmJ3Fp0k

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    How so?
    Are you inferring that drug use does not weaken heart muscles and cause arythmia?
    Or are you saying that drawing attention to drug use is assinine?
    Or are you simply being an ash?
    Because there is no logic behind your attack unless you are fronting one of those beliefs OR you are currently under the influance of drugs.
    Is That what you are saying?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Davy and the boys did good. I liked them.
    Go in Peace Davy.

Lenno, I agree with you. I thought it a pertinent question thinking of those drug filled years they were popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    How so?
    Are you inferring that drug use does not weaken heart muscles and cause arythmia?
    Or are you saying that drawing attention to drug use is assinine?
    Or are you simply being an ash?
    Because there is no logic behind your attack unless you are fronting one of those beliefs OR you are currently under the influance of drugs.
    Is That what you are saying?
    Got any evidence that he was using drugs? I mean other than the ones you have used of course. Wait, are you presently under the influence of drugs? Is that why you are posting insulting drivel about a guy whom you never met and who never harmed you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Yo Tarzan, you've been here for less than a month and have a whopping total of 19 posts. You seem to have a terminal case of smarta**, which you should have outgrown in Junior High, and which doesn't fly well here. I'm sure that doesn't matter to you, but it does to most of us.
    "We have to rebuild in a way that you will not be victimized by a similar storm again, because we don't - we're just wasting money, and we're essentially engaging in false advertising that what we're doing is restoring you to your situation that existed before the storm.”

Joe Biden

I think Jones used drugs in the 1960s when the group was at its height of popularity and touring, etc., but I don't think it was a problem for him. True, anything can weaken a person's heart depending on their genetic predisposition to heart disease, which was apparently the case with Jones for a heart attack to be fatal at such a relatively young age.

Sounds more likely his wife contributed to a weakened heart condition or something that would trigger a heart attack -- if there's anything to this story, that is. Below is an excerpt from http://www.evilbeetgossip.com/2009/09/15/davy-jones-battered-man/
    The Monkees’ Davy Jones married his post-mid-life crisis August 30th (2009) at her parent’s home in Miami.

The singer and actor is 63 years old and his new bride is 32. None of his children nor his former Monkees bandmates attended the ceremony. Age is the least of his worries. Turns out, his new wife, Jessica Pacheco, likes to beat the **** out of him.

<snip>

(From an eyewitness/pal of Davy's:)

“I have a journal she wrote, confessing to beating him. I’m keeping it to give to the police in case she kills him. She once cracked his rib with her shoe.”
    Here is a link to his page at biography.com -- http://www.biography.com/people/davy...=1#the-monkees

I had all their albums as a child and of course Davy was my favorite. My parents wouldn't let me have Beatles records, even turned the channel when they happened to be on television for any reason. They were probably grateful to have The Monkees as a safe substitute for their little girl who really didn't notice the difference (probably 7 or 8 years old at the time).

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us. -- I John 4:18-19

Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue. -- Proverbs 11:12.