Thread: Home-Grown Vegetables & Rainwater: "Fountain of Youth" for Incredible 70-Year-Old

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Home-Grown Vegetables & Rainwater: "Fountain of Youth" for Incredible 70-Year-Old

"My Fountain of Youth": Incredible 70-Year-Old Who Defies Aging Process With Vegan Diet of Home-Grown Vegetables and Rainwater

by Victoria Wellman
    3/1/12

When Annette Larkins goes out with her husband of 54 years, people assume she is his daughter.

The image of health, vitality and youth with a petite size four frame and a line-free face, Mrs Larkins is in fact 70 years old.

The resident of Miami-Dade County, Florida, attributes her youthful looks to her raw vegan diet and grows almost everything she eats in the garden she refers to as her 'fountain of youth'.
    Rest of story here

she's beautiful! I forwarded the story on to my own beutiful DM
    Acts 9:10-12

In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!" "Yes, Lord," he answered. The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."

Default Has she found the Fountain of Youth?

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/ageless-woman#85204961-1

Annette Larkins shows off her garden in her Miami-Dade County backyard. It's full of fruits and vegetables. Every corner of her garden has something that is edible. She also collects rainwater to drink and water her plants.

Annette says the food in her garden is her 'Fountain of Youth.'

"I am very vibrant, I have lots of energy, as I told you before, I am up no later than 5:30 in the morning as a rule, and I am ready to go," she said.

Annette's husband owned a meat store in the 1960s. That's when she became a vegetarian. But as the years went by, she became a raw vegan. A

Annette says she does not eat animal products-- her food is unprocessed and uncooked. "My diet consists of fruits, nuts, vegetables and seeds. I do a lot of sprouting of seeds and as you can see from my garden and of course these are the raw foods that I eat."

Annette also juices fruits and veggies. You name it, she can juice it. Grapefruits, pineapples, even spinach. But not everyone in the Larkins family eats and drinks this way.

Annette's husband Amos of almost 54 years chose to continue to eat the way he did when they were first married. "I really wish I would have done what she did," he said.

Amos says people even wonder if Annette is his wife. "They will ask me 'what am I doing with a young girl? or they will say 'you've got your granddaughter with you,' things like that."

Amos takes prescription medicines daily for high blood pressure and diabetes. Annette says she does not even take an aspirin.

Annette says because friends and strangers kept asking her questions about her health and youthful appearance, she decided to publish two Journey To Health booklets, and she produced a DVD 12 years ago.

"The Discovery Channel, they took sections of the booklet and translated them into Spanish which is, by the way, my second language."

So how old is this size 4 beauty? Annette just turned 70-years-old.

Annette says friends her age see the difference in her quality of life. "This one lady who is my age, she was telling her friend, that I used to tell them about eating and they would not listen and her response to that was look at her now, and look at us."

Her husband says she is vibrant person. "She is an amazing person, she does everything. I mean she builds computers, makes all of her own clothes, grows her own food, speak three languages, it's amazing."
    Annette Larkins: www.annettelarkins.com

Condition of the skin reveals much. She does look great, only the wisdom in those eyes, betrays her age.

I buy into a good deal of raw food stuff, just not the whole of it.

As to her skin, I'd wager she isn't nearly as filled with plaque as most at 70, due to perhaps not what she eats, but what she doesn't eat.

I would say at least one big meal of raw greens, fruits packed with low caloric intake, high fiber, and all of those micro nutrients isn't a bad thing.

I had steak tonight with my big greens, in all fairness.
    "You Can't MAKE this stuff up."

They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.
    Ezekiel 7:19

"Has she found the Fountain of Youth?"

I don't know about the "Fountain of Youth", but I have found the promise of "Eternal Life" through Jesus Christ!

Quote Originally Posted by microcarl View Post
    "Has she found the Fountain of Youth?"

I don't know about the "Fountain of Youth", but I have found the promise of "Eternal Life" through Jesus Christ!

That was just the title of the article, Microcarl. lol I didn't come up
    with it myself. I don't care about the "fountain of youth", but I'd
    like to not be in constant pain, and I'd love to be without fibromyalgia,
    CFS, and a host of other illnesses, because I have far too many people
    to take care of and too much to do to be feeling this way. And I could
    witness to more people if I felt better, too. I may just try some of
    the raw food diet, and do the juicing, etc. Although I don't feel that
    a total raw food diet is for my family and I.

Quote Originally Posted by "Capt. Midnight" View Post
    Condition of the skin reveals much. She does look great, only the wisdom in those eyes, betrays her age.

I buy into a good deal of raw food stuff, just not the whole of it.

As to her skin, I'd wager she isn't nearly as filled with plaque as most at 70, due to perhaps not what she eats, but what she doesn't eat.

I would say at least one big meal of raw greens, fruits packed with low caloric intake, high fiber, and all of those micro nutrients isn't a bad thing.

I had steak tonight with my big greens, in all fairness.

I agree with you, Capt. Midnight. I want to try to some of the raw
    food stuff, and juicing, etc., but not the whole of it, as you said.
    My family LOVES their beef and venison, and although I don't eat
    a lot of meat, I do like a good steak once in awhile....although I
    feel badly eating animals, I have to admit.

Relative to her age, she is a very beautiful woman.

Genetics might have a little something to do with it. I love Food Matters, etc., but I find raw foodies a little off balance, especially when it comes to their children. Most raw food zealots refuse to give their children any animal products. There are some horror stories out there about sick and dying children of raw foodies. I am a believer in balance.

That said, we are diligently working on adding more raw fruits and veggies into our diet.