Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just diagnoised with Guillian Barre Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Tired of Lies View Post
    Pinky, do you know how much and how often you father used B12 shots?

I am chronically low despite giving myself 2 units a week. 1000mcg or 33,000 times the daily dose. The VA insists I have fibromyalagia. I was in the Lymerix vaccine test trials for Lyme disease. They had to take the vaccine off the market because of so many bad complications.

The test to decide whether it is Lyme disease or ? the VA won't do. Every once in a while I get pain epsiodes where even Norco10 won't break the pain. A shot of toridol will. This past week I felt a pain attack coming on. With the new baby being early and everything going on in the house I didn't want to ask for a ride to the VA ER. That can be an all day affair.

I was reading on the net and happenned to see where one doctor was treating CFS, Fibro, and Lyme with high doses of B12. I did 2000 twice one day and 2000 a day for the last three days. I am a little stiff today because I did part of the lawn mowing yesterday but normally I would have had to spend a few days in bed if I didn't have a toradol shot.

I think the doctors are flying blind on a lot of diseases. Similar symptoms so they pick one.

the question is why doesn't your body retain VitB??? Anwser that question and your on your way to a cure!
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tired of Lies
    Pinky, do you know how much and how often you father used B12 shots?

I am chronically low despite giving myself 2 units a week. 1000mcg or 33,000 times the daily dose. The VA insists I have fibromyalagia. I was in the Lymerix vaccine test trials for Lyme disease. They had to take the vaccine off the market because of so many bad complications.

The test to decide whether it is Lyme disease or ? the VA won't do. Every once in a while I get pain epsiodes where even Norco10 won't break the pain. A shot of toridol will. This past week I felt a pain attack coming on. With the new baby being early and everything going on in the house I didn't want to ask for a ride to the VA ER. That can be an all day affair.

I was reading on the net and happenned to see where one doctor was treating CFS, Fibro, and Lyme with high doses of B12. I did 2000 twice one day and 2000 a day for the last three days. I am a little stiff today because I did part of the lawn mowing yesterday but normally I would have had to spend a few days in bed if I didn't have a toradol shot.

I think the doctors are flying blind on a lot of diseases. Similar symptoms so they pick one.

Tired of Lies, my Dad would have been 77 two days ago (March 28th),
    he passed away in his early 60s, nearly 20 years ago, so it's hard for
    me to remember what doses he took when I was younger., but I do
    know that it was daily shots of B-12. It didn't cure him, but he never
    ended up in a wheelchair. He did use a cane later on, though. His
    legs used to buckle beneath him and he was often numb on his one
    side......the Doctors could stick needles in him and he wouldn't even
    feel them. I agree that Doctors are often just guessing by process
    of elimination as far as other diseases go. As for myself, I seem to
    have a lot of things wrong with me due to an attack on my immune
    system when I was only seven months old. The only thing my family
    can think of is that my Dad had sprayed bug spray upstairs, around
    the area of my crib where I was at (as well as other areas up there, too),
    because I was fine until then. After that, I became very ill with flu-like
    symptoms and have had them ever since.

I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and cfr a few times, starting back
    in my early twenties, and my older Brother has been diagnosed with it,
    too. My oldest Son (the one with brain cancer) has it as well. What I
    really hate about it is that people pretty much look normal, not really
    sickly.....and so others don't realize how debilitating it is and expect
    the same out of us as they do others. I push myself so much that I
    end up where I just can barely get out of bed on some days, as the
    pain and weakness if terrible.

I'm sorry that you're suffering like that, and will be praying that you
    get well soon. Here are links to a couple of articles pertaining to
    natural remedies to help with MS. If I find anything else I will post it.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA35890...Sclerosis.html

I like to work with patients who have MS because of its variability and potential to go into remission, as well as its responsiveness to stress reduction, mind/body treatments and changes in lifestyle.
    These are a list of suggestions I recommend for my new patients to experiment with, so give it a try and see what works best for you.

• Decrease protein toward 10 percent of daily caloric intake. Replace animal protein as much as possible with plant protein.
    • Eliminate milk and milk products, substituting other calcium sources.
    • Eat organically grown fruits and vegetables as much as possible as well as organic products made from wheat and soy.
    • Eliminate polyunsaturated vegetable oils, margarine, vegetable shortening, all partially hydrogenated oils, all foods (such as deep-fried foods) that might contain trans-fatty acids. Use extra-virgin olive oil as your main fat.
    • Increase intake of omega-3 fatty acids from fish, walnuts, or flax and hemp seeds.
    • Eat more fruits and vegetables.
    • Eat ginger and turmeric regularly.
    • Take acidophilus culture and psyllium if constipation is a problem, or use the ayurvedic herbal bowel regulator, triphala.
    • Take my antioxidant and daily multivitamin formula and a B-50 complex vitamin, and a multi-mineral supplement daily.
    • Take 5 grams of soy lecithin granules daily (store this in the refrigerator).
    • Take 30 milligrams of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) two or three times a day.
    • Do some kind of light aerobic exercise on a regular basis. Choose something you enjoy but do not push your self to the point of exhaustion.
    • Visualization, meditation, and hypnotherapy can redirect your mental energies in positive directions.
    • Experiment with traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic medicine from qualified practitioners.

Andrew Weil, M.D.

Here is a really good website:

http://www.naturalcures.com/find-a-c...erosis-preview

I "liked" them on FB, so I can follow what they as well as others
    are saying. I have many symptoms of MS and my Father always
    wanted me to be tested for it, but I haven't just yet. I'm just
    looking into better ways of eating, and natural ways to help with
    ailments. =)

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    the question is why doesn't your body retain VitB??? Anwser that question and your on your way to a cure!

Good question. I know i don't have any intrinsic factor but the amounts I inject I should be off the chart. Same thing bout Vit D. I take 50k units a day of D-2 and never go above normal.

When I had BC/BS I went to a ND that gave me vitamin IV's twice a week and for a while I was great. I know I will never be 30 again but I am not ready for arocking chair.

Does anyone know of any empirical evidence showing flu shots can still cause GBS? I found the documentation on the 1976 Swine Flu shot causing some number of cases, but nothing current except denials. My son in law, (42 - strong as an ox), just got hit with it this week, and had the shots due his profession. He felt lousy for a couple of days, then stumbled going upstairs, puked his guts out, nearly collapsed, and went to ER. He's in ICU on oxygen, as it has affected his heart and lungs. They're doing the immunoglobulin infusions, but he's in bad shape. Worst part is he doesn't know the LORD. What I read says if he pulls out to 80% or better within three weeks it can be in remission indefinitely, but no one seems to have a handle on causation, positive cure, or alternative recovery/ therapy. If/when he pulls out, he is headed for a rehab center.

Anything you have learned in the interim is appreciated, nikki, and my prayers are with you. Flat scary stuff.

Tras
    "They who have put out the people's eyes reproach them of their blindness."
    John Milton, 1642

Too late to edit. Now they're giving him a crash-cart load of B-3. Seems stable.
    "They who have put out the people's eyes reproach them of their blindness."
    John Milton, 1642

Oops. That was D-3, not B. NO body sensation from the chest down (numb), and more vomiting last night. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trasael Adnepos View Post
    Oops. That was D-3, not B. NO body sensation from the chest down (numb), and more vomiting last night. Not good.

I will say a prayer for him Tras. I would suggest looking for a ND that will (if they can under hospital rules) give him IV vitamins. The Vitiman D and B-12 IMHO are very important for Fibro, CFS, GBS, etc.

The Army in it's wisdom tried to get my husband to Iraq in 30 days after being out of the Army for ten years or so. They gave him 9 vaccines in one day and typhoid vaccine 3 days later. Ordered him into work and he passed out and went into 45 beats of V-tach.

Six years later he is finally back to almost normal. He has setbacks like last week when the VA tried to load him up on gabapentin. He wasn't with me so I couldn't figure out why he sounded almost drunk on the phone. Went down the list and cut way back on the gabapentin.

You have to watch and research everything the docs try to give him. We refuse flu vaccines but I caught a nurse loading a syringe to give him once anyway. Was just going to ignore his NO. Actually she was on her way to a broken nose or vocal cords if she tried to give it to him but I degress.

A round of IV vitamins early on might really help. I know if I could afford them I'd be still getting them. A hyperbaric chamber is another option to look into. Forces oxygen into the tisues to help them heal. They are having good results with nerve and brain injuries.

I hope for the best for you and your family.

Just wanted to stop by and give an update. I am getting better...just real slow. I can walk around the yard a little now. Very little but it is an improvment. I think I might get a cane...I think it will helpme get around better. I am back to cooking again...I have a stool in the kitchen and I sit down alot whenever I get tired. It feels real good to have my kitchen back and the family is glad to have my cooking back!! lol Im still not doing laundry because the laundry room is in the basement and that is just too many steps for me to handle still. I have days where I stay in bed most of the day and days when I can do more. I havnt started any physical therapy yet but I see my doctor on the 9th and hope to set something up at that time.

I am interested in the Potassium supplements I read about here and am gonna research it more and talk to the doctor about it. Right now I am taking nothing.